No announcement yet.
X

pre600 to pre 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds a little high, but honestly if you're going to run a bored-out 1100 and flatslides, you should assume you'll have some tuning to do.

You wouldn't happen to be talking about these would you? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dragb...item335a79e161

Those aren't RS38's, they are BST38's. Completely different. RS38's are flatslides, BST38's are the stock CV carbs. I can't remember what year/displacement the BST38's came on, but I'm sure if you google it you can find out.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

how much would u say those go for? did little search and says for or u can put them on a
      87 and 88 gsxr 1100
      Last edited by dougyfresh; 02-24-2010, 12:54 AM.

Comment

BST38's came on 90-91 GSXR750's. They may have come on more years, but I only stuck with oil cooled engines. They are supposed to work well on the 1100's though.

I'd say they're probably still worth $150-200..... maybe more, as we're starting to close in on spring here. We should see bike and parts prices rocketing up the closer we get to warm weather....
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

yea thats what i figured thats why im tring to get it all done as soon as i can. but over all its ruffly a grand either way i go. but man does the gsxr sound like a good choice. all dependse how low i can get the other guy to go down on whole bike. its like a 7 hour drive. with a big 450 ford so not that good on gas. and im not to sure on tring to drive it home with our slick roads

Comment

Originally posted by dougyfresh View Post
            yea thats what i figured thats why im tring to get it all done as soon as i can. but over all its ruffly a grand either way i go. but man does the gsxr sound like a good choice. all dependse how low i can get the other guy to go down on whole bike. its like a 7 hour drive. with a big 450 ford so not that good on gas. and im not to sure on tring to drive it home with our slick roads
            I don't know what kind of vehicles you have access to, but if you take the forks, swingarm, and all plastics off, a pre98 frame with engine will fit in the trunk of a large car, with enough room left over for all the parts you pulled off. I've done this in my 97 Deville, and I'm pretty sure it would be even easier in my wife's Grand Marquis. Just a thought. I wouldn't try riding back in this weather, but I have seen people out riding in the last couple days, so it can't be that bad.

Comment

Working...
            X