X

pre600 to pre 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre600 to pre 750

ok ive finally broke down and decided that i cant afford all of the parts for the bandit swap so im going with the 750 for now. i just wanted to make sure i got everything i need. ive done some research on it but just want to make sure. ok ive read that its a direct swap and i can use my old carbs i just have to rejet them. and i also need to buy a 750 oil cooler. but everything else i can use off of my 600 like starter and alternator. if ive got that wronge any advice will help. i plan on buying the stuf in a day or two. as soon as i figure out how to put pics on here ill put up some pics. im repainting my frame and farings. and plan on doing a custom seat cowl. thinking about going pearl white and pearl blue for the colors. oh and i live and mainly only drive in wisconsin so it really doesnt get that hot here and i was wondering is there any way i could get away with the 600 oil cooler?
    Last edited by dougyfresh; 02-23-2010, 10:11 PM.

Originally posted by dougyfresh View Post
    ok ive finally broke down and decided that i cant afford all of the parts for the bandit swap so im going with the 750 for now. i just wanted to make sure i got everything i need. ive done some research on it but just want to make sure. ok ive read that its a direct swap and i can use my old carbs i just have to rejet them. and i also need to buy a 750 oil cooler. but everything else i can use off of my 600 like starter and alternator. if ive got that wronge any advice will help. i plan on buying the stuf in a day or two. as soon as i figure out how to put pics on here ill put up some pics. im repainting my frame and farings. and plan on doing a custom seat cowl. thinking about going pearl white and pearl blue for the colors.
    You would have better results using the 750 carbs with the 750 engine. They are of a different size between CCs. Carbs, CDI, Oil Cooler...

What kind of budget do you have for the project?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I agree with Kry with the carbs, I think the 600 were 34mms and the 750's are 36mm's. If you are really short on cash you can tune them but it will probaly be a pain. Everything else will work fine. I ran a 600 cooler on my 750 and Ive even kept it on the B12. All my electrics, CDI, starter, alt, are all 600 ad they worked just fine.

It all depends what you want to do, Im guessing you are looking for an upgrade, not just a replacement for a bad motor. So Id go with the 750 carbs and (unless you go aftermarket) 750 exhaust.
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

if i went with my old carbs what jet size u guys think would be the best for it since the smaller size. plan on getting aftermarket exhaust. im figureing about 100 bucks for the jets and getting the motor for 600 including shipping and it has 10k miles on it. so thats at 700 so far and was wanting to keep it close to that but little extra for paint and such. but the exhaust will have to wait couple weeks. and i also really dont mind the tuning part of it. oh and would u sugest a k&n air filter just to get more air?
        Last edited by dougyfresh; 02-23-2010, 10:30 PM.

Comment

if i went with my old carbs what jet size u guys think would be the best for it since the smaller size. plan on getting aftermarket exhaust. im figureing about 100 bucks for the jets and getting the motor for 600 including shipping and it has 10k miles on it. so thats at 700 so far and was wanting to keep it close to that but little extra for paint and such. but the exhaust will have to wait couple weeks. and i also really dont mind the tuning part of it.

You don't specifiy where your located, but those would be somewhat close I guess. Get that second one for the complete bike, and you could probably part it out and get most if not more than all your $ back.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

now that has me thinking either one would be great sent an offer for the whole bike

Comment

Alright, Im going to give my opinions of K&N's. A lot of people on here, well most of the people on here, dont like K&N's. I like them, I have pod filters on every bike I own. They are a bit of a pain to tune, and the bike doesnt seem to idle quite as smooth with them on, but the throttle respond is quicker and I like the sound of them sucking air at 10k rpms. Ive learned to tune around the extra air flow and have gotten pretty good at getting a happy medium between rich and lean with the filters, its a fine like to walk. I like them, but thats just me.
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                Alright, Im going to give my opinions of K&N's. A lot of people on here, well most of the people on here, dont like K&N's. I like them, I have pod filters on every bike I own. They are a bit of a pain to tune, and the bike doesnt seem to idle quite as smooth with them on, but the throttle respond is quicker and I like the sound of them sucking air at 10k rpms. Ive learned to tune around the extra air flow and have gotten pretty good at getting a happy medium between rich and lean with the filters, its a fine like to walk. I like them, but thats just me.

Your one of the few that seems to have gotten the tuning down for them. Most people can't/won't get it right. I don't say they can't work, or can't be tuned... I'm just saying that they are a nightmare to tune, for for most poeple who post on here they are going to add them... they won't have a clue how to tune for them.

I'd really rather not log in and see 30 new threads on how to tune something we won't be able to resolve for them online.

But, that's just me.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

i know my swingarm would hold up to the stock bandit but would it stand up to the gsxr that is modded out.

Comment

i know my swingarm would hold up to the stock bandit but would it stand up to the gsxr that is modded out.
                    Swingarm would be fine, it will hold up. I would recoment swapping the end caps for the adjusters. You don't need to if everthing is tight, but if the axle gets a little loose, it will prevent the stock kat adjusters from being pulled into the swingarm.

Bandit, or RF600 ends are great options, and easy/cheap to get.

Some people prefer to have a wider tire for increased traction with the larger engine. I've been told the smaller tires with the bigger engines allows for more chance of spin on fast acelerations. There are many options to increase the rim/tire size if you wanted too.

For example, I do a modded swinger for about $350 to fit a 5.5" rim with a 180 in a stock 600 or 750 kat. It's pretty much a straight bolt up option from that point on. There are other options depending on what machine shop/welding resources you have.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

i'll keep the swingarm in mind. had the guy send me the video sounds mean. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WScgSKjWAcU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WScgSKjWAcU[/ame]
                      would u be worried about it having nos on it?
                      Last edited by dougyfresh; 02-24-2010, 01:19 AM.

Comment

i'll keep the swingarm in mind. had the guy send me the video sounds mean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WScgSKjWAcU
                        would u be worried about it having nos on the other bike?
                        "The guy" is a member here. I believe his s/n is "its_not_a_knife".
                        Last edited by loudnlow7484; 02-24-2010, 12:35 AM.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

also found carbs for it. 100 bucks says its for
                          Dragbike Mikuni RS38 GSXR 1100 Carbs Carburetor Rack with 160 main jet. i think its a good price other carbs are alot more and says they were rebuilt last year. what u guys think

Comment

If you can legitimately get a set of RS38's for $100, buy them. Buy them now. If they're available, I'll buy 10 sets.

Send a link, though, so we can see them. RS's are flatslides, big $ carbs.... for $100 that seems suspicious
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

would the 160 main be little to high would i want to lower. pretty much wondering about gas milage http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dragb...Q5fAccessories
                              Last edited by dougyfresh; 02-24-2010, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X