No announcement yet.
X

my transformation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah they are awesome for wind protection. I just bought a helmet for highway riding and am going to get a stock height one again so let me know if you'd like my style and we could work out a deal.

Comment

• yeah i think im gonnna go with the second one, the bubble isnt quite as high. man that one is super tall lol.. if it leaned back a lil more it would be killer!!! when did you put the busa front end? i never noticed it before.
      sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
      www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

• Busa front end went on this winter.

Comment

• was it a very hard mod? thats gonna be one of my next mods. that or gsxr just depends on the deal that i can get.
          www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

• With ThAzKat and Mreedohio it turned out to be a breeze. I would not have been able to do it without their help.

Comment

• well i hope there in for alot of questions lol
              www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

• me and thazkat are always up for questions. just read mine and his threads on the swap and then ask away
                Chrome Project Part 1
                http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

• Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
                  me and thazkat are always up for questions. just read mine and his threads on the swap and then ask away
                  This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

Check out these two threads!
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
                    well i hope there in for alot of questions lol
                    Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
                    From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
                    Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

Thread is writen!
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• sweet,, answerd all my ?'s deff need to sticky that!! ok now to my new batch...my motor is makeing a bad knock on low end so well time to rplace..im getting an 04 600 with carbs and ecu. dont know if i need the ecu but what would it hurt to go ahead and swap. this motor only has like 1500 miles on it. this would be normally a good time to upgrade motor but money is tight and this is one sweet deal. is everything gonna be the same? no modding.
                      here are the things i need to know that will swapp over. (jet kit,ignition,advancer,520 front sprocket, plugs) if i need new plugs thats fine but i just bought these that are in there now. just trien to get together everything im gonna need now. trien to get this done before my trip this weekend.

oh yeah,, just found out its the complete wiring harness
                      Last edited by nealy212; 05-25-2010, 01:52 PM.
                      www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

• this is making no sense to me..

CARBURETORS I tend to think you always have to use the carbs that are with the engine. One exception to this I've found: When switching a 98+ Kat engine into a early Kat, I use the early Kat's carbs, as the 98+ carbs have to have that TPS to work right! The pre 98 wiring harnesses don't have it! NOTE: If installing a 98+ engine in a pre 98 frame, you can use the post 98 carbs and the pre 98 CDI. Leave the TPS on the 98+ carbs, it just won't be plugged in. I've run this configuration (01 750 in my 91 Kat 600 frame) for 10K miles with zero issues.
                        www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

• Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
                          this is making no sense to me..

CARBURETORS I tend to think you always have to use the carbs that are with the engine. One exception to this I've found: When switching a 98+ Kat engine into a early Kat, I use the early Kat's carbs, as the 98+ carbs have to have that TPS to work right! The pre 98 wiring harnesses don't have it! NOTE: If installing a 98+ engine in a pre 98 frame, you can use the post 98 carbs and the pre 98 CDI. Leave the TPS on the 98+ carbs, it just won't be plugged in. I've run this configuration (01 750 in my 91 Kat 600 frame) for 10K miles with zero issues.
                          The later quote is from me.

Install the post 98 engine AND the post 98 carbs. On the side of the newer carbs there is a black plastic TPS sensor. It would normally have a plug in the wiring harness that goes to the post 98 ECU. Since you don't have the ECU, you don't need to plug up the TPS or remove it. It will work fine without it. No ECU input means it does nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctandc View Post
                            The later quote is from me.

Install the post 98 engine AND the post 98 carbs. On the side of the newer carbs there is a black plastic TPS sensor. It would normally have a plug in the wiring harness that goes to the post 98 ECU. Since you don't have the ECU, you don't need to plug up the TPS or remove it. It will work fine without it. No ECU input means it does nothing.
                            oh ok.. well im getting the post wiring harness too.. just dont know how much of a pain it will be to put in.
                            www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

• The primary concern is the TPS (Throttle controle sensor) and the ECU (Electronic Control Unit).

The TPS does nothing to the carbs, and makes no changes/alterations to how they work. So post carbs will work with any engine if your matching appropriate sizes (carb mm vs CC and appropriate cams in motor). (don't forget post carbs are 2 cable setup, pre carbs are 1 cable setup for throttle...)

The ECU on the posts use the information that a TPS sends to alter the ignition timeing. If you have that ECU setup with an engine, you should be using the TPS so that the timeing is adjusted to the best performance. If no ECU.... then there is nothing to send to.

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                                The primary concern is the TPS (Throttle controle sensor) and the ECU (Electronic Control Unit).

The TPS does nothing to the carbs, and makes no changes/alterations to how they work. So post carbs will work with any engine if your matching appropriate sizes (carb mm vs CC and appropriate cams in motor). (don't forget post carbs are 2 cable setup, pre carbs are 1 cable setup for throttle...)

The ECU on the posts use the information that a TPS sends to alter the ignition timeing. If you have that ECU setup with an engine, you should be using the TPS so that the timeing is adjusted to the best performance. If no ECU.... then there is nothing to send to.

Krey
                                I'm also running the 01 engine / carbs with the single throttle cable (pre-98) setup. Works fine. Just make sure you hook up the right on. (One's a push one's a pull)..

Comment

Working...
                                X