No announcement yet.
X

the wifes 96 kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figure a 750 or 1k gix would sit next to my busa nicely and be a fun rip around town bike for me.
    sigpic
    2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
    2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by ckholloway View Post
      That is funny because this kat is to get her ready for a busa. That is her ultimate goal. I figure she can ride this for a year or 2 and move her up to a 750 gixxr and then from there to a gixxr 1k and then a busa. I am not sure if that is the way it will go but thats the way we are thinking now. If you are riding the kat with no problem and enjoy the power then maybe you are ready to jump on the busa. I am not sure what all your husband has done to his but mine is not stock so be careful if you choose to try it because the power in the bottom is insane, fun, alot of fun, but insane. Your husband is right it is hot to see a women ride and enjoy doing so thats why my wife is starting to get into it as well. She has always wanted to but always thought people would look at her funny for being a chick on a sportbike and I just convinced her not care what everyone else thinks.
      Laughs. Lets see, I am approaching my 1 year aniversary of my first ride on the 96 Kat. I have less than one week until I reach that date. But very quickly I went from the 600 to the 750. Not much difference other than a little taller, but I couldn't beat the price of the 750 I bought last November which was a new in the crate 2006 bike and the added height was just perfect being that I am a nice petite 6 foot 3 inch woman. I could have just kept riding my hubby's 96 kat, but decided we would have less arguments if I just got my own bike so I could do as I please.

Now this spring my husband wanted me to try a Buell, and not the small ones either. During the demo days ride, I actually rode an 1125R. Again, another brilliant idea of his. But on the positive side, I thought the Kat felt much more stable under me because she weighs so much, and since it was a little stormy and windy that day, I am sure that made a lot of difference in my opinion. But, there goes the in between stages of slowly working my way up. Now my hubby thinks that I can handle his busa as he says it is a really ***** cat if you are gentle with it since she is still all factory original and it is not much more power than the Buell. There went the best of plans of riding the 750 kat for a long couple of years before trying anything else. Now I am fighting the urges to give in and go to the dark side where I just may never want to return from. Oh that little devil that sits on my shoulder telling me to "do it, you will like it". Sigh.

As for you wife, I have seen several girls riding the sportbikes. There is one little petite snobby girl that won't wave when I drive by on my Kat. She is riding a smaller red Ninja and I have passed her several times this year. Then there are a few others around that are riding some of the other sportbikes. I saw a girl on an R6 once this summer, and at Cycle Gear, a female worker there was riding a sport bike.

And really, I have always thought the really cool chicks were on sportbikes as you just don't see them every day. And from what I am seeing, lots of guys think it is cool also! I get plenty of looks when I get on my Kat and none of them are of a negative nature.
      sigpic Like usual, It's all my husband's fault... After insisting that his woman should try out his yellow Kat, I just had to get my own Kat! I really should quit listening to his brillant ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by SunQuest View Post
        Laughs. Lets see, I am approaching my 1 year aniversary of my first ride on the 96 Kat. I have less than one week until I reach that date. But very quickly I went from the 600 to the 750. Not much difference other than a little taller, but I couldn't beat the price of the 750 I bought last November which was a new in the crate 2006 bike and the added height was just perfect being that I am a nice petite 6 foot 3 inch woman. I could have just kept riding my hubby's 96 kat, but decided we would have less arguments if I just got my own bike so I could do as I please.

Now this spring my husband wanted me to try a Buell, and not the small ones either. During the demo days ride, I actually rode an 1125R. Again, another brilliant idea of his. But on the positive side, I thought the Kat felt much more stable under me because she weighs so much, and since it was a little stormy and windy that day, I am sure that made a lot of difference in my opinion. But, there goes the in between stages of slowly working my way up. Now my hubby thinks that I can handle his busa as he says it is a really ***** cat if you are gentle with it since she is still all factory original and it is not much more power than the Buell. There went the best of plans of riding the 750 kat for a long couple of years before trying anything else. Now I am fighting the urges to give in and go to the dark side where I just may never want to return from. Oh that little devil that sits on my shoulder telling me to "do it, you will like it". Sigh.

As for you wife, I have seen several girls riding the sportbikes. There is one little petite snobby girl that won't wave when I drive by on my Kat. She is riding a smaller red Ninja and I have passed her several times this year. Then there are a few others around that are riding some of the other sportbikes. I saw a girl on an R6 once this summer, and at Cycle Gear, a female worker there was riding a sport bike.

And really, I have always thought the really cool chicks were on sportbikes as you just don't see them every day. And from what I am seeing, lots of guys think it is cool also! I get plenty of looks when I get on my Kat and none of them are of a negative nature.
        Hmmmm.....check and see if hubby took out a really significant insurance policy.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Well your husband is being nice and trying not to scare you but he busa even in stock form can and will make you feel like you arms are being ripped out of there sockets and does a fair bit more power then the buell. It is a different kind of power that comes on completely different. As for it being gentle. I will tell you this and I kid you not, the busa will be as mild or as wild as you ask it to be. I think I have seen that same chick at cycle gear on the r6 and your right it's cool cause you just don't see it every day. As for women not waveing at you don't feel bad cause it's not just women there are a bunch of squids over here not very far from you that will not wave at me either. Mainly cause they are running 600's and 750's and everytime they come near me they try and get me to race them and shake my head no and go on my way. Oh well.
          sigpic
          2004 hayabusa LE-my ride

Comment

Originally posted by ckholloway View Post
            As for it being gentle. I will tell you this and I kid you not, the busa will be as mild or as wild as you ask it to be.
            That is the exact phrase my husband used while trying to convince me that I should listen to him and try it. The thing is my husband is trying to convince me that I can handle it because he wishes it to be so, and he is probably right. While I can probably handle a nice gentle ride using extreme caution, I know that I am still a beginner and have no business on the busa and to make it worse, I think 110 mph on a bike was one of the best rides of my young stupid part of my life 15 years ago, even if I was just a passanger. So I know I like speed and the thrill of it. I am smart enough to know that I may be cautious the first time I ride it and decide it is a nice bike, but I also know that I would love the thrill of twisting my wrist and would very quickly find myself in trouble. Someday I will ride that beast the way she is meant to be ridden (like my hubby does) and will really enjoy it. But for now, I think I will just look at her and smile.

Yes, I hear you on the squids in this area. Many don't wave and are only interested in doing stupid squid stuff instead of being good safe riders. I seem to have more Harley riders wave to me than squids, which doesn't bother me in the least.

But I did have a funny thing happen to me over in Meridian a month ago when I was on my kat returning from a Women On Wheels motorcycle meeting. I was headed south on Meridian road and passed someone in the turn lane that was on a green Kawi sportbike of somekind. (too busy driving to look and see what kind) He quickly changed his mind and didn't pull into the walgreen's parking lot that I had just passed and instead decided to catch up to me to see what I was riding and if I really was a girl. He must not have seen the pink butterflies on my helmet. Well, he finally caught up and rode in the lane next to me a ways and then turned back around to head back where he came from. Seems he was just curious as to what this girl was doing. Made my day.

Yep, girls on sportbikes don't get funny looks. They just get noticed in a good sort of way.

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
            Hmmmm.....check and see if hubby took out a really significant insurance policy.
            I know for a fact that he didn't. So either he isn't that smart, or he is not trying to harm me. LOL.
            Last edited by SunQuest; 08-22-2009, 01:36 AM.
            sigpic Like usual, It's all my husband's fault... After insisting that his woman should try out his yellow Kat, I just had to get my own Kat! I really should quit listening to his brillant ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by SunQuest View Post
              While I can probably handle a nice gentle ride using extreme caution, I know that I am still a beginner and have no business on the busa and to make it worse, I think 110 mph on a bike was one of the best rides of my young stupid part of my life 15 years ago, even if I was just a passanger.

That IMO is a smart choice. Most are not that insightful to make a choice that way. You said you have been riding for a year, I think it best you wait also. I am not trying to say you can't handle the bike nor stapping on your husbands toes but I know I would not put my wife on one that soon.
              sigpic
              2004 hayabusa LE-my ride

Comment

Working...
              X