Clear All

• look up ^
    sigpic
    -Cory-
    1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

• Well I feel stupid now...I went to three different places looking for 15w-40.... Now I realize that my bike takes 10w-40 (I knew that, dont know why I was lookig for 15), and that everyone runs 5w-40.

Guess Ill go buy the 5w-40 in the morning.
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

• Chrome Project Part 1
        http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

• In case anyone wants to know the wiring for this B12 swap is as follows:
          (Keep in mind this is a 2003 B12 going into a 1992 Frame and Harness.)

Signal Generator: Match Colors
          -- Yellow=Yellow
          -- Blue=Blue
          -- Green=Green (Oil pressure sensor)

Alternator:
          --Red: 12v constant Hot
          --Orange: 12v ignition

Neutral Safety Switch:
          --Connector from B12 has 4 wires in the harness, the only wire you will need is the blue. Merely connect the blue wiring to your exsisting green neutral switch wire coming from the bike harness.

Starter:
          -- Straight forward: Large stud goes to Large red eyelet coming from starter relay.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Carburetor:
          -- If you are going to use the carb from the motor then you wont need to worry about this. If you plan to use different carbs then you need to check the spacing between the carbs and the carb boots. I am running mycarbs from my 750 motor: The spacing between the carbs were different just enough so that the carbs wont bolt to the motor. Easy fix, I used the carb boots (Intake plenum) from the 750 motor.

Both the B12 and the 750 use 36mm Mikuni, so unless you are attached to your old carbs, use the B12 carbs. I used my 750 carbs because they already have a jet kit and were recently synced and cleaned. If you use the B12 carbs and also using the Pre wiring harness, just ignore the throttle position senor port on the side of the carb, it wont affect anything not being hooked up.

Comment

• Its alive! It's alive! Live Monster! Live I say!

Comment

• Video proof or it didn't happen!!!!!! j/k congradulations
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

• Alright here is a Video. Its not the greatest video but its proof! (In fact its pretty bad)

I started the video and the realized I had a pretty bad oil leak. Apparently I forgot to tighten the center valve cover bolts, so hopefully that is taken care of.
                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSdWIl3heIg[/ame]

I was really surprised at how different the B12 sounded than my 750. The new motor is a lot deeper sounding and has a more loppy idle. That car in the backround is about 15 feet away, I was really surprised the exhuast had enough umph to blow the cover around. Im renewing my insurance tomorrow, so if it doesnt rain she will be on the road.

Comment

• sweetbro,, you inspire me haha,,, im really looking forward to doing this now!
                  sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
                  www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

• IS hould have mine soon , too . MAY have some goodies extra in it . See you spring with what should have been MY engine , beeches ...
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Omg that thing sounds so bad. I just thought my 600 sounded bad...
                      Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

• I think there's too much chugga-chugga-chugga going on there. Nothing a little carb setup and balance won't fix, though! Congrats
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• So probably a really dumb question, but besides a few minor mods , the b12 is pretty much a direct drop in motor?
                          Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                          Current Bikes:
                          1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

• sounds like a exhaust leak tick to me
                            awesome and about time!
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• Originally posted by STULER View Post
                              So probably a really dumb question, but besides a few minor mods , the b12 is pretty much a direct drop in motor?
                              Basically, yeah.

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                              I think there's too much chugga-chugga-chugga going on there. Nothing a little carb setup and balance won't fix, though! Congrats
                              They are set up for my 750, I havent messed with anything yet. That was literally the first time I had it running.
                              Last edited by HemiKat; 01-24-2010, 10:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                                They are set up for my 750, I havent messed with anything yet. That was literally the first time I had it running.
                                In that case, bravo for giving us the raw progress instead of the TV version......
                                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                                X