Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat6 (Joe) down this weekend.

Just got this in my Email:

To all my friends.

This weekend I was misfortunate enough to run into some oil while riding my motorcycle around a curve doing 65 mph. After hitting a truck and bouncing off I calmly pulled over and laid on the ground. I wore all my safety equipment so I only have a broken foot and the left side of my body is badly bruised. The bike only needs a left lower fairing due to the fact that my leg was in the way of the truck so it took most of the force. And I am paying out of pocket since I don't have insurance on the bike to the family I hit to fix the scratches and dents that I inflicted. To my friends with motorcycles, get insurance and wear your gear it saved me.
    Just thought many of you would like to know...

Joe: hope you heal well.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Total bummer, but it sounds like it could have been a lot worst. Heal fast.

Comment

Glad to hear it is only a broke foot!!
      Hope you heal fast!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

WOW. Sorry to hear about the spill. At least this will be good advice for everyone else. Hope you heal quickly. You're in my prayers.
        I wouldn't be so paranoid... if everyone wasn't out to get me.

Comment

Re: Kat6 (Joe) down this weekend.

Sad to hear and I hope he heals up fast.

Originally posted by Kat6

And I am paying out of pocket since I don't have insurance on the bike to the family I hit to fix the scratches and dents that I inflicted.
          Hopefully the hit knocked some sence into him and before he get's back on the road he will get insurance.
          Kyle

Comment

damn

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
              Hopefully the hit knocked some sence into him and before he get's back on the road he will get insurance.
              I doubt he'll ever ride without insurance again. As it is, he's selling the bike to pay for the damages to the truck... If I had the $$, I might seriously consider buying the bike.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

well...at least it is not a new grill he has to replace and pay for....possibly with his life. glad that is all he suffered for injuries. it could have been much worse.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Wow that really sucks, get well soon!

Comment

Get well soon,but no insurance,tuff way to learn a lesson...sorry again...

Comment

Hope you heal fast

Comment

Damn , they're dropping like flies here . SO I guess his being at the rally is REALLY not likely , now .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Heal fast bro. Glad to hear that your injuries were minor. At that speed, they could have been a lot worse.

Seeing how we are both Gimped now, wana have some wheelchair races and get hot nurses to give us spongebath's?
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Wow!
                            ..and scarry!
                            Glad you're still breathing!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                              Originally posted by woobie
                              I doubt he'll ever ride without insurance again. As it is, he's selling the bike to pay for the damages to the truck... If I had the $$, I might seriously consider buying the bike.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Oh wow Joe that really sux man, Im sorry to hear that !! Heal up quick buddy!! AFter all that work and effort he put into that beautiful Kawi and now he's gotta sell it.. what a trajedy.

Comment

Working...
                              X