X

White?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White?

You know those nights where you're trying to fall asleep, and you cannot fall asleep, and no matter how long I waited, the sheep never showed up for me to count them..

Anyhow, I was thinking about custom paint on bikes(kats in particular), and I don't think I've ever seen a white one. Has anyone in here ever seen an all white Kat? I don't know how that would look, it would take someone pretty creative to pull it off, but, it was just one of those things that make you say hmmmm....

white pre98

Long Live the D

Comment

I have tossed around the idea of a white color with a lot of pearl in it. I have seen a post 98 all white kat, and it looked pretty sweet.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

A picture someone posted from back in the day. Enjoy.

Comment

That was the bike I was thinking of!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Comment

Yea I guess I like the white one too

O yea its mine

Comment

Since white paint should normally be applied over white primer, I always thought you could do a very trick white/off-white (ghost graphics) paint scheme by using a masked black & a masked rust-colored primer under some of the white top coat to form specific patterns (flames, grays, etc). White does have some visual benefits (according to a Mercedes study in the end of the 1960's, it's the highest visibility vehicle color at transition times -- dusk and dawn -- when drivers are often blinded by the sun or because their eyes haven't shifted to night-vision yet).

The downside is that I find it too plain and dull without something to flare it up (decals, etc), but that's just a taste issue...

Anyone know if the new Honda VFR white is a pearl, an off-white, etc? I've only seen pics and photo colors aren't reliable in general...

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

one word comes to mind.... bugs.
                  I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                  http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I have a white helmet. In the summer after every ride -even short ones, I look like the bugman. Imagin that on a bike.

Comment

White seems to work better on the pre 98s. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

The downside is that I find it too plain and dull without something to flare it up (decals, etc), but that's just a taste issue...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        That's kind of my stance on the color, and why I was saying it would take someone pretty artistic to make it not look so gawdy if you will.. But if done right, I think it could be a great color.. White or Pearl.

Comment

Have you guys seen the white that was put on the Bonneville a few years back? Lots of pearl to change the white to almost a green and purple in the sun. It was hella sweet.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

White is cool if it has some gloss to it.
                            Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

Working...
                            X