Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
      well did you ever get one of those you think it just gonna be a fart feelings but then suddenly you realize well you can figure out the rest
      They call that a shart.

That sucks Lou, Glad you limped away.

Have you considered Camo?

Comment

Damn Lou.........shake it off and quit being such a girl!

Hey, when we ride, you take point and find all those gravel patches for me, seeing as how your bike is already wrecked and all.

Comment

Oh! The story! I almost forgot. Here it is:

A few hundred years ago, to get cargo from one place to another, it was usually by boat, and big sailing ships were the norm. However, ship captains always had to be on the look-out for pirates (we all know about pirates! Booooo!). The pirates would come aboard, loot the ship, scuttle it if the ship is useless to them or take the ship as their own, and impress the crew into their own crews (or kill them).

One day, a merchant vessel was being chased down by a pirate ship. The pirate ship had twice as many men as the merchant ship, and they were all mean and smelly. Now, the captain of the merchant ship was a brave and courageous man. He did not want to lose his valuable cargo, crew, or his ship to the pirates, so he announced to his men that they were going to stand and fight the pirates.

The decks of the pirate ship were swarming with men, and the merchant ship's crew was becoming afraid. The captain, however, was cool and calm as he called out, "Bring me my red shirt!" just as the pirates were closing in. A great battle ensued as the ships latched onto each other, and every time the merchant ship's crew felt like all hope was lost, their captain would jump into the thick of the fray slaying men all about!

The tides turned and the merchant ship beat back the pirates and sank their vessel. The crew was very proud of their captain, but were curious as to why he had called for his red shirt. The captain explained, "So that if I were wounded, you men would not know that I were bleeding and would keep on fighting to the end!" The men thought this very wise indeed and looked at their captain with new eyes.

A few days later, the look-out spotted TEN pirate ships closing in on the merchant ship. The crew became worried, but immediately looked to their captain for guidance. The captain looked cool and composed as he gazed at the oncoming pirate ships. He then turned to his men and calmly said, "Bring me my brown pants!"

Comment

Lou, I've very sorry to hear of your misfortune and hope you heal up quickly. Alabama's gravel was the basis for both of my only two serious accidents on two wheels (I'm lucky that they were about 22 years ago now). If there's anything I can do to help, just ring me up.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words peeps. AS for slowing down, yes, when I am turing from one road onto another, but I shall never slow down when I am hitting a nice set of twisities .

I really don't know how I managed to stay up on my feet the whole time, and not go over the front or anything. My brother-in-law made a good point... It is a good thing I don't weigh a buck 80, or else I would have been FLYING over them bars

Cyber, you made the offer of if there is anything you can do... Can you get your hands on a street sweeper?

I kidd. I am hoping that my leg will be healed enough to go to bike night this friday. I think my stoppie days are over, and I now understand why the windscreen is designed to pop-out easily!

Yes, look for a new paint job this winter, unless I can get a proper booth set up down here with a dehumidifier. I'll prolly just wait till winter though.

I stil need to get pics up, I know, and I think I can walk well enough that I Can prolly do that tonight before I go to work.

Lou
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                ...with a dehumidifier
                HarborFreight!

Or call any A/C company and tell them you need some used systems and what you need them for. Lots of people upgrade their A/C systems here in the south, and buying used ones that aren't particularly energy efficient is easy (and what do you care about the energy consumption -- you'll only need to have it on a few days at a time when you actually shoot the paint).

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Damn Lou!! Hope you get better soon!!

On another note, how 'bout an electric blue with lightning strikes?
                  Life's not always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!! 94 Katana 600/750 and 99 Harley Electra-Glide

Comment

why don't you paint it purple and black cheetah print like the icy hot stuntaz j/k

Comment

Sorry to hear Lou but glad you were able to walk away. Rest up then get painting that bad boy, I'm looking forward to seeing something really cool!

Comment

Glad you were able to walk away. You must have done something right during that excursion.

Heal up and get back in the saddle. 8)
                        '95 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600
                        PurpleonBlack

Comment

Well my large burito eating, Halo sucking at friend...glad your still here and not captured by some backwoods dude making you squeel like a pig.....

I kinda like the Camo Idea....do Arctic camo...that would be rockin. Get better big dude.
                          1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                          2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                          Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat
                            ...I kinda like the Camo Idea....do Arctic camo...that would be rockin...
                            No way. You gotta go with the new digitized camo. You can have a blast painting all those little squares.

Comment

glad to here you are ok lou.man that really sucks.good luck fixin her up.

Comment

dont forget the before and after pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X