X

Could not take it any longer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not take it any longer

Well some guy blows by my house on a CBR at 5pm, the sun has come out and roads are damp.

That's it, through on the icon pant, get the joe rocket jacket and liner, fall gloves new helmet... to the garage and beyond. Wife say were the hell are you going its only 3 degrees out. I say hey they is another nut case out there alone, he needs me.

Start the new Katana, I need gas, yes that is the reason for the required trip. Get her warmed up. and off we go.

Wow, this is my first ride on her, she is a thing of beauty, hell of a lot bigger than the 500 ninja, but smooth as silk as I accelerate down the straigt away, ohh I mean the street. Need to keep remindingmyself, new bike, new bike, wet road, wet road, take it easy.

Meanwhile inside the helmet is a 5yr old at christmas..make the right then the left, then another right, and another. Man I should have gone to the other gas station its further.. shoot bike is sputtering.. where the hell is that petcock.. left side, okay noob look at thedial before she dies, okay on reserve pul away from the stop sign pull into gas station.

Man you should have seen all the peoples faces, who the hell is the crazy guy with the Giat freaking smile on his face.

Fillup - expensive gas of course. Okay pay the crazy looking freak behind te counter. dude you must be cold.. I say no freaking way man, I live for this sh&*.

Back on bike cruise home, total focused on road and listening to bike, make left on to hwy 23 south, think home or next town..

Well mother nature answers me with a little raindrop action, okay home it is. pull int garage to cheers from my kids of way to go dad.

Sorry for the long winded story, and thanks for reading, but man I think I am going to love this bike.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

That's it, through on the icon pant, get the joe rocket jacket and liner, fall gloves new helmet... to the garage and beyond. Wife say were the hell are you going its only 3 degrees out. I say hey they is another nut case out there alone, he needs me.
    Classic, I love it

Yep you've definately been bitten by the Kat bug, there is no cure ! Once you start you just can't stop so get ready for some more cold days out there with other nuts.. we're with ya

Comment

That's a great story! I know exactly how you feel - cold yet warm all over, and suffering from perma grin.

Enjoy your new best friend!

Comment

that's sweet. when I got my new Kat it was about 40* and raining. that day was a first time for everything. first time on a new bike, first time riding in the rain and the worst, first time riding with no helmet. I got home soak but who gave a fu*K I was sooooo happy.

Comment

Re: Could not take it any longer

Originally posted by mcmahonm
          but man I think I am going to love this bike.
          sounds like you already do!

Long Live the D

Comment

Nothing like a perma-frost grin on two wheels

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cool deal! Just remember, you don't need to put the expensive gas in it. 87 octane is all that gitl needs!
              Ron
              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

way to go :

I envy you.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Oh man congrats on the first ride of the season. Mine is still a few days away .
                  Kyle

Comment

Man I need a ride fix so bad, I went and got my dads harley so I could go riding tomorrow with my faterh-in-law and the southern crusiers. Great story.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                      Oh man congrats on the first ride of the season. Mine is still a few days away .
                      Yeah mine too, need to change the oil/filter this week, get the new tail bracket squared away and charge up the battery and Im ready to go. Hopefully by late this coming week.

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                        Cool deal! Just remember, you don't need to put the expensive gas in it. 87 octane is all that gitl needs!
                        I think up there in Kanadia, the expensive stuff is the 87 octane
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Re: Could not take it any longer

Originally posted by mcmahonm
                          ...I say hey they is another nut case out there alone, he needs me...
                          One of the most classic quotes I've read in a long time!
                          Have fun and be safe.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                            he is right...

and I was in the same boat...I broke down and went out yesterday too!

Comment

That's a cool story,Welcome to the madness
                              97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

Working...
                              X