X

GSXF Cafe Racer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSXF Cafe Racer

I happened to bump into this pic on a Facebook thread. What do you all think? I have a downed GXSF, low mileage (7,2xx miles) that runs and was thinking about turning it into something like this.

Last edited by Jae_Rex; 02-05-2016, 03:02 PM.
    "Never trust a big-butt and a smile"
    96 Katana (down) ~ 09 Kawa ER6n

Everything is nice, except it's miserable riding over 60 with not even a small bikini fairing.
    Some cool vintage cafe fairings at Airtech, with windshield you can do it for about $300.

Comment

I think it is the freakin' berries! Hooda, hooda, hooda!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

If I were 20....no prob! That's a sweet ride!
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Some how that works. Yeah a cafe fairing would be needed.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Don't like cafes much, but that one from the tank on back looks nice.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

From my personal experience...
              If your use to riding with fairings it can seem difficult without fairings at first, with all the wind and all. As your muscles get use to the wind drag resistance it becomes less noticeable. I found that worn/out of balance tires really show their instability when you take your fairings off. If your tires are half worn, or you experience wobble, re-balance and give it another go. Ride for a month or two , or at least by the end of the first summer depending on how much you ride the interstate and you won't miss the plastic body. If I were training for a race like the Isle of Man, I would ride with out fairings to build up tolerance. When you put the fairings back on, you'll be so confident making the ride effortless.
              My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Wow, howd'ja know I'd be trainin for da Isle of Man dis spring???
                Tanks for da tips!!!!

Comment

I like watching it, don't care to ride it....second thought, I have a 600. id be fine, till I got ran over.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

If I ever get to vacation I'd like to check it out. After that I'd head over to Germany to jump on the Autobahn, hit the Cannabis Cafes then to the Whore Houses. Hoot-Hoot
                    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Originally posted by Jae_Rex View Post
                      I happened to bump into this pic on a Facebook thread. What do you all think? I have a downed GXSF, low mileage (7,2xx miles) that runs and was thinking about turning it into something like this.
                      The pic is a nice looking bike.

A real GSXF won't turn out anything like that with out a lot of serious work and $. If you take the fairing off, and do the minor work of putting a cafe tail/seat on with a fork mounted headlight... it's gonna look really bad.

It would be cheaper to repair and restore a Katana to Original than it would to make it look close enough to the pic you posted that makes it look "good".

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Had not thought of it before but now I look, I thin dat's a Bandit with gsxr forks.

Comment

Tank does look a little off. It's missing the lower lip. And the heavy frame rail is gone.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

A lot to think about if I decide to go this route. Cheapest route is to restore to original, but I really dig this look. I already used to riding w/o fairings on my old CBR600 and my current ER-6N. Thanks for all of the feedback.
                            "Never trust a big-butt and a smile"
                            96 Katana (down) ~ 09 Kawa ER6n

Comment

The one thing people ignore when they do a naked Katana, is covering over the upper frame seams, the welds, and the lower side of the tank.
                              Just fabricating bikini panels over that stuff and it gets real decent.
                              Some chrome Bandit gauges and now you're talkin' beauty.
                              Last edited by buffalobill; 02-07-2016, 05:41 PM. Reason: Really good ale.

Comment

Working...
                              X