X

Solo riders using passenger pegs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    Sell your motorcycle and buy a moped. That's my best advice for you. It won't beat a GSXR either.
    If that's your "best" advice.. please stop giving advices.

Comment

That's my best advice for HIM. If you don't agree with that... I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
        Seriously......leave your bike alone......just ride it. I've owned\ridden\crashed more bikes than I care to admit to, but one constant is true: The engineers who designed the bike I rode on were perhaps smarter than me.
        I rode my Ace 1000R out to the East Coast and back....around 3600KM...and the only times I had to tuck in were due to rain and winds.
        Riding a sportbike\sportcruiser is more about proper conditioning. ....especially your abs and quads.
        Far to late to leave it alone, the subframe mod is to accommodate a new tail since I bobed it. I figured since the rearsets were on it I could relocate them a few inches.

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        Sell your motorcycle and buy a moped.

Ya, no on the moped. It it won't do 70mph and be legal to ride on the highway I don't want it.

Im building a fighter out of my katana, its going to happen and nothing will change that.

If there was a better location for the rear sets thats what I was after, if not ok. Ill weld them to the frame once the new subframe is on.

I'm going to look In to getting new handle bars that are closer to me.
        Last edited by Tekgnome; 12-19-2015, 04:52 AM.
        Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
        The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

I would leave the pegs and shifter as they are and use the passenger pegs to stretch out occasionally when needed on long trips or during rides when Arsenic isn't looking (ha, how goes it, Chris?). As Slo mentioned, the engineers knew what they were doing, the whole scheme of balance is off when you ride like that, and there is the sensation of reaching or stretching which isn't natural. I am 6'2" and the stretching out is great on long rides, but personally, it would not be a position to lock into. And if it makes you look like a douchebag, that hose can wrap around the back sprocket...:

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
          X