• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
    Meh....see it all the time....
    That doesn't make it any less retarded.

Comment

true.
      Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-06-2015, 05:06 PM.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+1 tires if old/hard/cupped, steering stem bearings needing greasing and/or tightening, rubbers missing in the triple tree (missing even one if the 4 makes a big difference...ask me how I know...) or wheel bearings needing greasing/replacing. Also, ease off the throttle, don't just chop it.
        But yeah, you really should keep both hands on the bars. Orbat least one. But it 100% shouldn't wobble, should be dead steady. Whatever is causing the wobble is also affecting your handling. S
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I'm a stunt rider did you know.......
          No its like a bmx bike to me just with more parts lol no I know if I where to let go of the bars and something was wrong it would do that now I'm just trying to diagnose the problem. It's not like I let go of them and was trying to wave my arms around I just let losse of the grips with my hands in place still. I mean I should half to explain why. When I go down I will not do it again.

It's not if it's when you go down..

Comment

You're a stunt rider and you own a Katana? So you've been a stunt rider for what 4 days now?

Comment

If u didnt get that, that was me being sarcastic.... Anyways I'm not going to blow that up. I understand what you r saying. Yes I'm a new rider and all but there is always something to say about why someone did something. So anyways I let go of the bars and told you all. Let's move on from it.

Comment

I can not only let go, but steer my bike effortlessly with no hands on the bars.

The katana should never have an issue with that. If it does, there is a real issue or problem that needs to be addressed.

As already mentioned, start with checking the bearings, wheel, tire, and forks or axle are not bent.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Definitely man. I want this thing safe. I did more research on the front end and noticed that one fork is leaking just a lil and the front end has been lowerd which I was going to lower it anyways. But I wonder if something is not tight so looks like I need to take it down to my local shop. So I noticed that my buddies gsxr (I know its a big difference) has a stablelizer can we get on for r bike? I'm thinking it's going to be alot of work but if not might be a nice thing to add

Comment

Kind of pointless on a kat, honestly. Unless you're tracking the bike, you won't really ever benefit from it. But it can be done if you really want to.
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrettgoodson View Post
                      Definitely man. I want this thing safe. I did more research on the front end and noticed that one fork is leaking just a lil and the front end has been lowerd which I was going to lower it anyways. But I wonder if something is not tight so looks like I need to take it down to my local shop. So I noticed that my buddies gsxr (I know its a big difference) has a stablelizer can we get on for r bike? I'm thinking it's going to be alot of work but if not might be a nice thing to add
                      Again, the only reason a Katana would have any kind of wobble or tank slap, at all, ever!..... is because something is very wrong that needs fixed.

Properly working that will never happen, and it's a waste of effort.

Unless you just want the "that looks cool to me" factor.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I had a wobble in the bars at low to medium speeds, it was loose head bearings. Also if the front and been lowered and the rear has not then the head angle is too steep and the bike is likely un-rideable.
                        '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

Working...
                        X