No announcement yet.
X

Theoretical 1/4 mile time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking that but, I didn't say it.......sheeese. Let's see how it turns out. i got dibs on the motor...
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      Guy, I understand what you are saying. If you increase flow, you may gain HP, like 3. I'm not trying to split hairs over the possible 5 HP you can gain by bolting shit on. You said it, "no replacement for displacement". I'm fairly confident we're not dealing with a mechanical engineer here that will have a firm understanding of flow rates to HP output. That is the simplest way to think about it, the pistons make the HP. Without over boring or stroking your motor, you're not going to achieve any noticeable gains. Honestly OP, I'm not trying to talk down to you, but you bought a cheap Katana, the engine got blown up somehow. You bought a dirt cheap B12 engine, it was installed not by you. You're planning all these bolt on mods, which I doubt you'll bolt on. If this bike ever moves, I got 10 to 1 odds you wreck it before you get to a drag strip... just sayin'
      I understand what you are saying but fact is ive already got the new block in the frame I helped swap it in. Ken from pro stock let me help him drop the old engine out and slide the new engine in. It wasn't really that hard to do, he just removed a couple of things, exhaust, alternator, ect. We each grabbed half the engine and his wife pulled the pins. He wheeled the new engine over to the lift and we swapped the crank case vent and slid the new block in bolting in the bottom first and leaning the block back and sliding the rest of the pins in.

I actually all ready got pods and as I understood it the b12 was a fairly restricted motor stock.

The dyno jet kit has all ready been installed but no idea on the final jets and pilots that ill use until next week.

My 89 gsxr intake cam was put in yesterday and is already done.

As far as bolt on power mods the only thing that has not been done is a timing advancer which im picking up next week from holeshot.

So compression tests is good, ive already bought every part needed for the swap. A couple of weeks and it will be"moving"

As far as wrecking, im not a professional rider but I rode my kat long enough to under stand it doesn't carve corrners like my friends cbr350 did and that power delivery on a b12 is very sharp. I dont drive like im on drugs, I follow posted speed limits, and pay attention to idiots around me. This in its self doesn't really matter as accidents can happen. I've layed the bike down a couple of Times mostly from a height issue with stopping and losing balance which has been temporarily fixed with links. And once where I learned gravel is as bad as ice. Im not saying im perfect but chances are if better if you dont lug it in city traffic and do wheelies down the interstate.

Also 92junker has dibs XD
      Last edited by Tekgnome; 12-03-2015, 05:17 AM.
      Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
      The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

Gents,

I did the B12 swap in my +98 Kat 750. Dyna 2000 ignition system, pods, 15/48 gears, 89' GSXR750 cams, and Dale Walker full exhaust. i am a 300 lbs rider and my best time was 11.31. So you being half my weight with roughly the same mods, 10.7 would be a pretty close bet. Depending if you can launch the bike with proper clutch control having the pod filters on it. They are more sensitive to over fueling than the oem air box is. You will find it boggs badly if you are not fluent with throttle up to clutch release ratio.
        If you really want to race it, ditch the CV carbs and go with the 36mm RS Mikuni's. (OEM GSXR Carbs)

Good luck, interested to hear what you do. cheers!

Comment

Guy, I understand what you are saying. If you increase flow, you may gain HP, like 3. I'm not trying to split hairs over the possible 5 HP you can gain by bolting shit on. You said it, "no replacement for displacement". I'm fairly confident we're not dealing with a mechanical engineer here that will have a firm understanding of flow rates to HP output. That is the simplest way to think about it, the pistons make the HP. Without over boring or stroking your motor, you're not going to achieve any noticeable gains. Honestly OP, I'm not trying to talk down to you, but you bought a cheap Katana, the engine got blown up somehow. You bought a dirt cheap B12 engine, it was installed not by you. You're planning all these bolt on mods, which I doubt you'll bolt on. If this bike ever moves, I got 10 to 1 odds you wreck it before you get to a drag strip... just sayin'
          arsenic, with that post your should just trim your name down to arse!
          Supporting member or not, that was a real shit way to put things.
          I hear what your saying and agree with most of it until this:

"You're planning all these bolt on mods, which I doubt you'll bolt on. If this bike ever moves, I got 10 to 1 odds you wreck it before you get to a drag strip... just sayin'"

Not a real good way to show your enthusiasm for the sport.
          Take your life issues out on the people actually in your life. He is just asking for info, not personal attacks.

Chiiiillll....chu..chu..chu..chiiiilll!
          Last edited by Kat-the-Ripper; 12-04-2015, 02:41 PM.

Comment

OEM GSXR carbs are not RS flatslides.

Comment

OEM GSXR carbs are not RS flatslides.
              I'll give you that one arsenic, that was a poor assumption on my part as i pulled two sets of RS flatslide carbs i have out of old GSXR1100's at our local bike bone yard.
              They were still the CV's for OEM, but they were CV flatslides. When reading online they referred to them as flatslides. I didn't make the connection that they were CV and not the RS flatslides. Lucky for me i got set sets of sweet RS carbs outta the deal for $200.

Comment

Constant velocity carbs and flatslide carbs are two completely different things. You want to call me an ass because I said what everyone was thinking, fine have at it. No, I've never been a professional rider/racer, so that was a valid question. You want to talk about carbs, that's my world. It's what I do. The 88-89 GSXR 750 uses BST36SS carbs, so does an 89-97 Katana 750. The GSXR1100 isn't any different. Just because a set of CV carbs has a set of slides that are flat, doesn't make them flat slides. The way flatslides work is the slides are raised by the throttle cable, CV slides are raised by vacuum pressure. The BST31SS carbs on the 88-89 Katana 600 have flat slides, but they aren't flatslides one bit. There is no such thing as CV flatslide carbs.
                Last edited by arsenic; 12-04-2015, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Constant velocity carbs and flatslide carbs are two completely different things. You want to call me an ass because I said what everyone was thinking, fine have at it. No, I've never been a professional rider/racer, so that was a valid question. You want to talk about carbs, that's my world. It's what I do. The 88-89 GSXR 750 uses BST36SS carbs, so does an 89-97 Katana 750. The GSXR1100 isn't any different. Just because a set of CV carbs has a set of slides that are flat, doesn't make them flat slides. The way flatslides work is the slides are raised by the throttle cable, CV slides are raised by vacuum pressure. The BST31SS carbs on the 88-89 Katana 600 have flat slides, but they aren't flatslides one bit. There is no such thing as CV flatslide carbs.
                  Boy we are getting a little squirrely here.

Fact is the swap is almost done, and I have the bike scheduled for a 1216 kit to get done in March.

Arsenic, you my friend do have some good points, however there was no constructive criticism going on.

I do like to hear everyone opinions though so I am not trying to discourage you from posting in my threads.

The fact is the way you worded your post made it seem like a personal attack, if I had posted in a mods/admin thread in the same demeaned I could face a suspension. Wether it was ment like that or not is not important to me but it can offend others.

Can we forget about it and move on?
                  You have a lot of knowledge and have been a big help in my build and I want to hear your opinions though the rest of it.
                  The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

Trust me, it wasn't an attack on you, just his opinion. I would have to agree with arsenic. Kat-the-ripper stated incorrect information in a couple statements, unless it's just confusion between which carbs he has or referencing to. Just keep doing what you're doing. Enjoy the soap opera.
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

The automatic assumption is always that there is some major emotion behind the text by arsenic, and so people take offense at the smallest wording choice.

He'd have to give a shit about you personally to have emotions behind it.

I'm not saying he doesn't have emotions... just that he doesn't have them about YOU.

All joking aside... It's simple. Chris has little/no filter. He just types what he thinks. In person that flow is hilarious. In text... you loose the translation.

Next time you have a choice, read it and be offended, or ... read it and see the humor.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                          The automatic assumption is always that there is some major emotion behind the text by arsenic, and so people take offense at the smallest wording choice.

He'd have to give a shit about you personally to have emotions behind it.

I'm not saying he doesn't have emotions... just that he doesn't have them about YOU.

All joking aside... It's simple. Chris has little/no filter. He just types what he thinks. In person that flow is hilarious. In text... you loose the translation.

Next time you have a choice, read it and be offended, or ... read it and see the humor.

Krey
                          +1

100% agree, I didn't really take offence to it. I was just saying that my swap is almost done. I dont want to make it out like arsenic is deliberately targeting me lol.

Its easy to loose the humor through the web.

Edit

Ive seen his eBay listings and he has a huge passion with what he does. He probably has the most knowledge on here about carbs or at least really close. So I highly doubt that he means harm lol
                          Last edited by Tekgnome; 12-05-2015, 12:56 PM.
                          The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

Working...
                          X