X

Theoretical 1/4 mile time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theoretical 1/4 mile time?

I got in a arguments with a coworker about a the potential 1/4 mile time that my bike could get.

Assuming a professional rider and a perfect launch what would my 1/4 mile be in my gsx750f?

Mods
    1157 bandit engine
    36mm kat carbs
    Dyno jet kit
    Pod filters
    89 1100 gsxr intake cam
    Holeshot +5* ignition advance
    Barnette clutch spring.
    Comp is 160-165psi
    15/47 sprocket ratio
    150/70/17 with a 79.6" circumference
    Frames chopped in the rear
    Gutted plastic and shaved fairings
    165lbs with gear

Once my new valve cover gasket & chain tensioner arrives it will be dyno tuned. I estimate the hp to be around 115-120 with 70-80lbs of torque.

What do you think it's capable of running?
    Last edited by Tekgnome; 12-02-2015, 10:38 PM.
    Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
    The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Web search the bike the motor came out of.

You'll have more than 120hp, the Kat 1100 is 130hp stock
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-02-2015, 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I don't know where you saw that the GSX1100F is 130 HP, but I'm guessing it's ~130 HP at the crank. If so, that's not 130 HP

Comment

Crank not wheel, I figured he's getting a dyno run. 118hp BHP
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-02-2015, 09:58 PM.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...1100f%2088.htm it says in this link says 130 at the rear wheel
          1990 katana 1100

Comment

Well, it's says it on the internet, it must be true.

Comment

That's crank HP, minus drag gearing and such 118BHP, only one site shows this. 88-89 it's 108BHP

I'm seeing 132-136 crank HP, multiple sites. Few rear wheel actual hp ratings.
              I like this site better http://www.suzukicycles.org/GSX-seri..._numbers.shtml
              Wait that's a bandit motor so, 98HP
              Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-02-2015, 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Its a bandit 1200/1157 block not a kat 1100

Does have a ignition advance, gsxr1100 intake cam, pods, & dyno jet kit which should bump the crank hp around 115-120
                Last edited by Tekgnome; 12-02-2015, 10:44 PM.
                The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

98HP then, you shouldn't really be looking for HP but, torque. If you put GSXR1100 cams you'll gain HP on the top end.

PODS and dyno junk won't give you much to even consider. The advancer and the cam is where your power will be. The advancer will not actually give you more HP but, move the power band lower in the rpm range. I wouldn't be shocked if you gain only 5-7HP, maybe a little more but, not much more.
                  Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-02-2015, 10:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                    98HP then, you shouldn't really be looking for HP but, torque. If you put GSXR1100 cams you'll gain HP on the top end.

Its just the intake cam, the b12 has a awesome exhaust cam profile.

Im in the process of getting a Invoice for a 1216 kit but this march the bike scheduled for all new bearings, gaskets, machining, and a shiny 1216 kit.

The stock b12 can hit 11.15 so I figured im around a 10.8 -10.9
                    The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

What's the weight of a b12 vs the kat? Might factor in too.
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

It does...very close to the same weight
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

All the bolt on stuff you add does not "bump up" the HP. HP is only increased by over boring or increasing the stroke. The HP is made by the pistons. Nothing, I repeat, nothing you bolt on changes that one bit. It changes the RPM range and where on the RPM curve power is maximized. It doesn't do a damn thing to the HP number. By saying, "well it has pod filters, that should help" you're sounding like an idiot. Pod filters don't do anything for an engine like this. For race engines that are max top end with no care for mid range torque, they help. Don't be the guy that thinks you'll gain anything by using pods, you won't.
                          Last edited by arsenic; 12-03-2015, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Not entirely but, correct. If you choke a motor down with mild cams,restrictive heads and exhaust, you could get more HP out of a motor by changing or modifying those issues. I've be taught the power is in the head, flow means everything and no replacement for displacement. Then the turbo and super charger were introduced... not saying he will get an increase or not. I'd start with decking the head, possibly fly cut the Pistons if needed, port and valve upgrades and cam upgrades before any major motor build considerations.
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Guy, I understand what you are saying. If you increase flow, you may gain HP, like 3. I'm not trying to split hairs over the possible 5 HP you can gain by bolting shit on. You said it, "no replacement for displacement". I'm fairly confident we're not dealing with a mechanical engineer here that will have a firm understanding of flow rates to HP output. That is the simplest way to think about it, the pistons make the HP. Without over boring or stroking your motor, you're not going to achieve any noticeable gains. Honestly OP, I'm not trying to talk down to you, but you bought a cheap Katana, the engine got blown up somehow. You bought a dirt cheap B12 engine, it was installed not by you. You're planning all these bolt on mods, which I doubt you'll bolt on. If this bike ever moves, I got 10 to 1 odds you wreck it before you get to a drag strip... just sayin'

Comment

Working...
                              X