No announcement yet.
X

What motor do i have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1, GSXR clutch cable enters above the clutch cover.
    You can run pods on the GSXR motor.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Which side is the clutch cover? I'm a complete noob when it comes to motorcycles. I just did a quick look without taking the fairings off and I'm not sure if it was actually the clutch cable. Does it go into the block on the left side if you are sitting on the bike? A few inches up after the fins on the block start?
      98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 - Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, K&N drop in, Ported and Bored 53 mm Throttle Body (DD)
      90 Suzuki GSX600F Katana (Sold)
      84 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk 700S (Sold)
      88 Suzuki GSX600F Katana 750 swap (current bike)

Comment

Kat or bandit motor for sure.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

What are the differences between the bandit and kat?
          98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 - Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, K&N drop in, Ported and Bored 53 mm Throttle Body (DD)

Comment

after some research, it's a katana engine. The bandit 750 was Japan only. If you had that motor, it's only 85hp, more mid range torque than a katana. What is the rear sprocket tooth count? It's stamped on it somewhere.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by katR1D3R View Post
              Which side is the clutch cover? I'm a complete noob when it comes to motorcycles. I just did a quick look without taking the fairings off and I'm not sure if it was actually the clutch cable. Does it go into the block on the left side if you are sitting on the bike? A few inches up after the fins on the block start?
              Yes, the clutch cable enters on the left side of the engine at the top of the counter shafts sprocket cover.
              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

This is definitely not 85 hp. I'll have to check the sprockets tomorrow.

Comment

After further inspection i can confirm it is a 750 swap guys. 749 cm^3 stamped on the block. Also had the stock airbox removed with some aftermarket air flters wich i doubt is helping anything.

That was a quote from the previous owner by the way. My attempt today was a little over 130 and it wouldn't budge after that. Keeping in mind I am 250 lbs and he was maybe 160 wet he might have gotten it to go faster but i doubt 150. Just hyping the bike to get it sold.
                  A 749cc engine is a long stroke 750, either a first gen or a 90,91 or 92(US). Could be a post 750 too, but those were painted silver, gixxer engines were painted greyish and pre-kat are black. Right next to the clutch cover there are numbers stamped, starting with like r716 which gives you an idea of what generation the engine is.
                  1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
                  V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
                  Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

Comment

This is definitely not 85 hp. I'll have to check the sprockets tomorrow.
                    Unless you have a dyno, it's hard to know. Sprockets make a big change.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Throwing in my .02.... Running a Salvaged '88 Katana at speeds over 80 mph would scare the crap out of me lol
                      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                      Current Bikes:
                      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

never thought about that..
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

I live on the edge. The engine is black zook.

Comment

Pre 750 about 90 hp
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Must have sprockets then. Feels like much more than that. Feels Very similar in speed to my buddies zx6r 636.

Comment

Working...
                              X