No announcement yet.
X

Engine on an engine stand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay so I took a few pics. It's supported on three of the four arms. On the right side, it's only using the top arm and I have the stand arm turned backwards so the flat side is against the frame piece As seen here.

On the right side, I'm only using the upper arm and the lower is just bolted to the frame

Here are a couple more angles. The engine doesn't sit perfectly level but it's not bad and it's the best I could do with a car engine stand

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger02 View Post
      Okay so I took a few pics. It's supported on three of the four arms. On the right side, it's only using the top arm and I have the stand arm turned backwards so the flat side is against the frame piece As seen here.

On the right side, I'm only using the upper arm and the lower is just bolted to the frame

Here are a couple more angles. The engine doesn't sit perfectly level but it's not bad and it's the best I could do with a car engine stand

Can you turn it over like that or will it fall?
      Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

Comment

It will turn over. In fact, I turned it over when I removed the clutches. It's pretty secure. I know it looks crazy but it's been sitting on that stand for almost a year now with no issues. I keep it covered with a big trash bag and occasional spray it with wd-40 to keep moisture out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger02 View Post
          It will turn over. In fact, I turned it over when I removed the clutches. It's pretty secure. I know it looks crazy but it's been sitting on that stand for almost a year now with no issues. I keep it covered with a big trash bag and occasional spray it with wd-40 to keep moisture out.
          Man looks like I'll have to try it. Seems much easier than my current set up (4 jack stands, an industrial roller cart, and a few wood boards lol).

I'll goto Home Depot today and look for some bolts.
          Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

Comment

Yeah, it's worked great for me. I can roll the engine out, move it around the garage. Rotate it over etc. I had planned to keep it for my bike because I have 83,000 miles on it but haven't needed it yet. Lol.

I went out and measures the two top bolts. They are 4" long. I don't know if I bought them or if they were off the parts bike.

The bolts themselves aren't very thick. I think they had to be slightly thin to fit through the holes on that frame piece

The lower bolt is large. I think it's actually the bolt that holds the "arms" of the stand on but since I'm not using an arm there, it worked pretty well. Here is the lower bolt on the left

Last edited by Stinger02; 06-26-2015, 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You're awesome! I picked up some bolts and will see what happens! Thank you so much!

Free Parts

Comment

Hey glad I could help!

Comment

Working...
                X