X

Engine on an engine stand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine on an engine stand?

Has anyone placed the 600 engine on a stand? The rotational type that is made mainly for car engines?
    Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

most rotating motor stands have plates to bolt to the housing around the flywheel. you're talking 8-12 inches apart at a minimum while your bolts are maybe 5-6 inches apart. it can be done, but not with the standard plate on the stand

Comment

Originally posted by Max Vador View Post
      most rotating motor stands have plates to bolt to the housing around the flywheel. you're talking 8-12 inches apart at a minimum while your bolts are maybe 5-6 inches apart. it can be done, but not with the standard plate on the stand
      That's what I was afraid of. I wonder how hard it would be to make a bracket or how strong it would need to be.
      Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

Comment

a 1/2 piece of steel stock would be plenty strong enough. just tap your holes where you need them for your specific motor and use the original bolts to secure it to the plate

Comment

What about something like this

Free Parts

Comment

that's a harbor freight stand. different type of plate than what you'd most commonly see like this

Comment

that's a harbor freight stand. different type of plate than what you'd most commonly see like this

http://www.northerntool.com/images/p...32_400x400.jpg

Hmm mines not from harbor freight but it is just like that one! Adjustable and such. I think that would probably work then huh?

Free Parts

Comment

if it adjusts close enough. the bolts on the stand will be too big but just use the bolts from your bike

Comment

if it adjusts close enough. the bolts on the stand will be too big but just use the bolts from your bike
                  Would there be any ill effects of having the engine on the stand for a long period of time? Stress on the mounts etc?

Free Parts

Comment

Put a jack stand or cinderblocks or 2x4s under it to take some of the stress off
                    If you're worried about it.
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                      Put a jack stand or cinderblocks or 2x4s under it to take some of the stress off
                      If you're worried about it.

Solid point lol I just don't wanna go out one day and see my engine busted on the floor.

Free Parts

Comment

It's not a great picture but the only one I have on my phone. I have my spare 750 engine attached to the lower portion of the frame. It helped lined up more mounting points for the engine stand

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger02 View Post
                          It's not a great picture but the only one I have on my phone. I have my spare 750 engine attached to the lower portion of the frame. It helped lined up more mounting points for the engine stand
                          Hmm what bolts did you use to attach it. Any chance for a better picture?

Free Parts

Comment

I'll try to remember and take some better pictures tonight. I may have already had the bolts but I'll try to get shots of those as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger02 View Post
                              I'll try to remember and take some better pictures tonight. I may have already had the bolts but I'll try to get shots of those as well.
                              That would be awesome thank you!

Free Parts

Comment

Working...
                              X