No announcement yet.
X

Fuel leaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the diaphragm where it fits to the housing, there is a small O-ring, usually the reason why they leak when the diaphragm gets worn out or stiff or the o-ring wears out.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Where that thin diaphragm that got all funky after your soak - at the head of it there's an oring. That one.

If the spring is in wrong you can't turn to certain positions. Pics of how it's installed before it comes out are helpful (too late in your case now i guess)

No fuel should leak. The petcock is vacuum actuated. Meaning if there is no vacuum then 0 fuel should flow/leak/drip. This is when it is "on" and "res". In "PRI" (prime) fuel will flow without vacuum. Prime is for getting fuel to your carbs after you haven't ridden in a while. Instead if cranking the motor forever to suck fuel through/to the carbs, fill them with prime and save yourself a dead battery/starter.

For applying vacuum - the skinny hose that hooks up to carb #4 - vacuum is applied at that connection. So get any hose that fits and apply vaccum. Ie suck on it. Doesn't take much. When in res or on, fuel should flow just as well for as long as vacuum is applied for as it does when set to prime with 0 vacuum.

Edit: aaaaand ^ beat me to it
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Thank you junkers and shpielers, I know what you mean now.

Comment

Cracked it!!, sorted!, it worked!
          Received the repair kit in the post this morning and with the help of my 'dearly beloved' (with that horrible metal clip that holds the petrol tap onto the body of the petcock) my bike is now once again fully functional. Just looking forward to the spring.
          Thanks everyone for your help in this exercise.

Comment

1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                X