Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Enricher stuck open (have to manually push it closed)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enricher stuck open (have to manually push it closed)

My enricher recently will pull out when I open it, but when I close it on the left bar, it doesn't close the actually enricher.. I have to push it down with a finger... Should I just lube it or is there anything else I should fix/replace?

something is missing, one of the springs perhaps?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

If oxidization builds up inside where the plungers are, it will cause 1 or more of them to stick.

A good carb cleaning is the fix if that's the issue.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        something is missing, one of the springs perhaps?
        Weather the spring is there or not. If the plunger or the carburetor bore is dirty, it'll stick. I wouldn't chalk it up to a missing spring.

Comment

If it opens with the cable, but won't close on the cable... then I'm thinking spring or cable problems.
          -Steve

sigpic

Comment

With it fully closed, I can pull it open and it goes back to closed (so I am guessing the springs are fine)... It feels like it is sticking in the fully open position (when I fully open it, I have to press with some force to get it to close... When it is partially open, it will close without a problem)...

Does it sound like cable or something with the plunger specifically at fully open?

Comment

Originally posted by numus View Post
              With it fully closed, I can pull it open and it goes back to closed (so I am guessing the springs are fine)... It feels like it is sticking in the fully open position (when I fully open it, I have to press with some force to get it to close... When it is partially open, it will close without a problem)...

Does it sound like cable or something with the plunger specifically at fully open?

Detatch the cable and test... if no issues with out the cable, you narrowed down the issue.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

When this happened to me, the cable had rusted through the sheath and was rubbing/getting stuck. Really what you need to do is go take a look at everything and see what's going on. My plungers were fune.
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  Detatch the cable and test... if no issues with out the cable, you narrowed down the issue.

Krey
                  Have to take off the fairing (which is a PITA)... Why couldn't they have made the fairings easy to take off like the GSXR

Probably shoulder order the replacement turn signals and do them all at the same time (also have a lose neutral LED)

Comment

Originally posted by numus View Post
                    Have to take off the fairing (which is a PITA)... Why couldn't they have made the fairings easy to take off like the GSXR

Probably shoulder order the replacement turn signals and do them all at the same time (also have a lose neutral LED)
                    I .... take the seat off, loosen the rear left of the main fairing at the seat, use a small piece of wood placed between fairing/frame to hold it away from the bike, take the tank off with no issue...

Do what needs to be done, put the tank back on, tighten the fairing back up.

Krey
                    Last edited by Kreylyn; 05-30-2013, 09:35 AM.
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                      When this happened to me, the cable had rusted through the sheath and was rubbing/getting stuck. Really what you need to do is go take a look at everything and see what's going on. My plungers were fune.
                      Excact same happened to mine, rusted cable - replace cable and all is well

I .... take the seat off, loosen the rear left fairing at the seat, use a small piece of wood placed between fairing/frame to hold it away from the bike, take the tank off with no issue...

Do what needs to be done, put the tank back on, tighten the fairing back up.

Krey
                      +1 no need to remove the the fairing completly
                      Edit: you mean the side fairings not the rear, right Krey?
                      Last edited by yngveny; 05-30-2013, 01:53 AM.
                      2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
                        Edit: you mean the side fairings not the rear, right Krey?

Yeah, sorry that wasn't as clear...

rear left of the Main side fairing....

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Comment

Yeah, sorry that wasn't as clear...

rear left of the Main side fairing....

Krey
                          I was about to ask why I would remove the rear fairing... How much slacker is there on the gas tank (Do I have to have it relatively empty to remove it?)

Comment

Working...
                          X