No announcement yet.
X

Good luck charms and rituals....and riding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make love to badbilly before every ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by Range
      I make love to badbilly before every ride.....
      " .. and then I am so upset when she complains that I ride straight off the road."
      TiM

Comment

christ, i wish someone would find me a good luck charm that works... i need it badly.

i know a lot of guys with bells.

Comment

Originally posted by jason05
          christ, i wish someone would find me a good luck charm that works... i need it badly.

i know a lot of guys with bells.
          The old mythos says that the bells trap the electrical & mechanical gremlins and then drive 'em insane with the ringing... but that doesn't do anything for your situation, where it's not the electrical nor mechanical gremlins at work...

PS - you had some of your lucky charms on you -- otherwise you wouldn't have walked away each time.

SKILL & PREPARATION BEATS LUCK IN 99.9% OF ALL CASES. The rest of you are just lucky bastiges!

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

And once again Cyber Poet rains more useless factoids down upon the fourm.

Hint buddy .. It's superstition anyway! Gremlins don't really exhist.
            TiM

Comment

before I get on I look at my RIP message on my windscreen about Jason and make sure hes there with me for the ride. He keeps me alert when im on the bike...still miss him...only been a month today
              R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

Comment

I have a particular sequence that I put on my riding gear and if I miss a step, I don't feel just right.
                "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I check my tire pressure, give the bike a once over, while it's warming up, check my helmet strap and gear, and go. I don't really beleive in superstitions.

Of course I'm sporting a 2 week old beard right now (hockey playoffs ) so Think tom hanks in castaway

Comment

I do the hibity dibity and spin around three times finish my beer oh nevermind
                    as said the bikeless wonder!

Comment

Originally posted by sexwax
                      I bought a dude a bell for his bike once. I should have gotten Range one of those Scares off the road gremlins. Cruiser riders use them. But they only work if another rider gives you the bell. They don't work if you get it yourself.
                      I got a set of those for a buddy and his GF...
                      Hmmm still waiting for the return favor!!

One thing I do before a ride..
                      (actually before EVER leaving the house)
                      Is kiss my wife and son and tell them I love them..
                      Even if they are asleep..
                      I hate for something to ever happen to any of us and
                      think I didn't get that last chance..

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        Ok, maybe the answer would be:
                        My lucky charms ride under my seat in the form of an all-emergency tool-kit set-up
                        But where do you keep the mini-donuts?

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                          Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                          Ok, maybe the answer would be:
                          My lucky charms ride under my seat in the form of an all-emergency tool-kit set-up
                          Right next to the keys to the Bat-boat and the
                          flare gun...

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                            Mini donuts? MINI-DONUTS? We don't need no stinkin' mini donuts -- we need big, real, honest to god freshly-made man-sized donuts still hot from the grease and so overpacked with home-made jam that the over-spill alone weighs more than the cake part of the donuts...

Oh, and where do I keep them? In the saddle bags, unless Z and WildKat, or Kat6 find 'em first (no sense in fighting destiny!).

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Only ritual I have is to go......... Eenie, meanie, minie, moe.......... Ahhhh, there's my bitch!
                              Ron
                              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Check petcock position. Then check that my boot laces are tied before pulling away. Have been doing that since my laces got caught in the pedals of my Schwinn Sting Ray. LOL, LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                                X