Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
    120v wire feed welders are pretty cheap
    120v is half what I need.

I have quite a good arc welder, but they are limited in the type of work they can do - especially with light welding (in my hands at least). I've welded trailers, tow bars, stair stringers, fence posts, gates ... and my luggage rack. But I just tend to blow holes in thin metal. My rack could have been 1mm thick RHS but is actually 2.5mm. It sure won't break, but it ain't light either. I want a MIG or TIG.

Comment

you sure can arc weld it, use a 6010 electrode at about 60 amps and see how it works
      track pro

Comment

I only wish it had a better voltage control.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Knight rider leds for the 3rd eye
          Extra life.

Comment

ss brake lines

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

G&J for them. The whole set for less than $100.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by dr.house0989 View Post
                you sure can arc weld it, use a 6010 electrode at about 60 amps and see how it works
                No I can't - non-adjustable output.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  You can't get a decent anything from Harbor Freight.
                  Sure you can, half decent and decent. I didnt say you can get great stuff lol. I've used both welders I have and have welded thin sheet metal and heavier stuff. For the price ($90-100) as compared to a brand name welder like Miller or Fire Power its at LEAST 75% less in cost for a comparable power (input/output)..at least last I checked. The only down side is the wire quality sucks ($10-15 for a good replacement spool) and have your own helmet or use the one they give which is a handheld type
                  94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I already threw purple leds in the fairings and tinted my windscreen and my front headlight and turn signals and I tinted the back turn signals red and redid the brake light red too to make it look newer.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyKanatuna View Post
                      I already threw purple leds in the fairings and tinted my windscreen and my front headlight and turn signals and I tinted the back turn signals red and redid the brake light red too to make it look newer.
                      Just curious, did you use the spray can tint? Can you post some pics?
                      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

BTW, check my signature for a complete list of mods.
                        2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                        2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                        1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                        1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                        1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Here's the front of my bike.

I bought VHT NITE-SHADES translucent black lens paint from advanced auto parts. Just did a good amount of coats depending on how dark I wanted.

They have it in red I did my back brake light red and the back turn signals red and made them look new and not so ugly orange lol. The paint works on your windscreen too that's what I used on mine.
                          Last edited by AnthonyKanatuna; 03-15-2013, 08:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

^^^Nice! I think I might try my hand at this for my turn signals and headlight as well. Was there much sanding that was involved with the application of the paint?
                            "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
                            1 Corinthians 10:31
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm going to be very harsh, so prepare yourself, mmkay?

Tinting the headlight on a motorcycle has got to be the damn dumbest thing I have ever seen. Seriously? You have just reduced the visibility of the one thing people might notice when you are coming at them at night, hell even during the day! To top it off, you live in Florida, car vs. motorcycle accident capital of the US! Get your head out of your ass, man! Don't give me the 'oh but the headlight shines right through it' horseshit, I know the qualities of nightshades, it still reduces the amount of light it lets pass no matter how thin you spray it. You may want to check your local laws, it may not even be legal...

It looks neat all blacked out, but it just isn't safe man.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Ted, how do you really feel about this? Don't be shy, just tell us what you think!

ps, glad you're feeling better...
                                Last edited by superbike; 03-15-2013, 10:48 AM. Reason: Ha ha...

Comment

Working...
                                X