No announcement yet.
X

Cheap but cool mods????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know of anything that's specifically designed for the pre kats. Best you're probably going to do is something generic off of ebay and build yourself some custom mounts. One of the problems is that there isn't a good frame mounting point in the right area so unless you're really creative with the mount and willing to drill the fairing you're not going to be able to put a slider where it'll do any good.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

can i drill in to the frame with out hurting it to bad?
      track pro

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
        Gotta ask these questions, ya know. Arsenic gets confused easy.
        Very true.

Comment

I don't do aesthetics - I like my bike ('05) to be ugly but practical - like its owner.

Coil relay mod (better running)
          12v outlet (charge on the go)
          Integrated LED tail light (so I could fit luggage - does look cool)
          Fender extender (to keep crap off the engine and oil cooler)
          Oil cooler guard (protection against all the other crap - provides a little bling)
          Headlight protector (you know - to protect the headlight)
          Up-graded headlight bulbs (so I at least see the roo before I hit it)
          Side clearance lights (to give the roos something to aim at)
          Bigger, better battery (275 CCA compared with about 150 CCA stock)
          Alarm / Immobilizer (just in case someone else has poor taste in bikes too)

Comment

Originally posted by dr.house0989 View Post
            can i drill in to the frame with out hurting it to bad?
            Yes, you can but keep in mind that the frame is hollow and not made from particularly thick material. It's not too difficult to put a crimp in the frame tubing and that will weaken the frame. I think if I were going to install sliders by drilling and screwing the slider on, I'd use an add-on plate. Basically, it'd look like a 3-4" long plate, the height of the frame tubing. Drill through the plate and weld a nut on for the slider bolt. Then I'd drill the frame large enough for the nut and weld the plate onto the frame. That way if you drop the bike on the slider, the force will be spread over a larger portion of the frame rather than a single point.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Unlike TRPUT I chopped my rear fender - free
              Then I did a home made laminar lip - free (I had a donor screen that wasn't free )
              5 degree advancer is a great bang for the buck
              2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
              2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
              1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
              1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
              1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Love it! You guys are really creative.
                2006 750

Comment

You think that's creative, you should see what I can do with a welder.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Lets see it......you should see what i can do with a gsxr headlight...
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I would buy the Reverse Style Illumiglo Gauges theses are sick .. This is my next but after sprockets and new chain ..

Comment

I wish I knew a nearby welder. Better still, I wish I had good welding gear. My luggage rack would be 1/3 the weight and a lot prettier.

Comment

120v wire feed welders are pretty cheap
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

That's exactly what I've got. Check the local pawn shops and see what you can find. Remember, it's always better to do it yourself. Nobody cares about your bike more than you do.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

You can get a decent 120v welder from Harbor Freight Tools for like $90 that is a great keep at home welder. With the right knowledge and technique its suitable for pretty much any regular Joe's welding needs.

I believe its Chicago Electric..?? I do know it works well for its price, an I actually have an old model also I picked up that is from the 80's an still works. Its no Miller or other high end welder but great bang for buck
                              Last edited by crazycraven420; 03-11-2013, 01:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                                You can get a decent 120v welder from Harbor Freight Tools for like $90 that is a great keep at home welder. With the right knowledge and technique its suitable for pretty much any regular Joe's welding needs.

I believe its Chicago Electric..?? I do know it works well for its price, an I actually have an old model also I picked up that is from the 80's an still works. Its no Miller or other high end welder but great bang for buck
                                You can't get a decent anything from Harbor Freight.

Comment

Working...
                                X