X

1992 Kat 750 questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Kat 750 questions

Hello everyone ,I have had some great results from this form, thanks a lot. I have some basic questions .

I want to keep my bike instead of selling it ,engine runs great, besides a few minor issues ,I love riding it .I want to take out my air box and put some aftermarket air filters on ,does or has anyone did this, I see a great price on ebay and I don't know what size 54 mm 50 mm 43 mm etc ,I need to squeeze 4 in there.

I just rebuilt my started and it works great no more issues, so thank you again for that advice.

I know , I need to get my carbs clean there is a bog when I jump on the throttle , and I think its normal but I have to use the choke almost every start unless I just run to the store and the bike warms up . I see carb rebuild kits are pretty reasonably . I have the complete book on my bike with a break down of everything in steps, I have built motorized bikes and did all kinds of mechanical stuff to small engines so I think I can handle it ,besides putting everything in order when I take it apart any other advice or should I spend the 300 ish and have a pro do it ?

Only one pro I know of that does adequate rebuilds/cleaning. Pm arsenic if you want it done. The guys at your local dealership or repair shop are not 'pros'.
    And don't waste your time with the pod filters, if your wanting those you'll also going to want a set of flat side carbs so that your bike runs right.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

+1
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Your bike runs like crap, and you want to put crap filters on it?

Clean and completely rebuild the carbs, new stock filter with stock jetting and ride the bike...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Jus' sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Your bike runs like crap, and you want to put crap filters on it?

Clean and completely rebuild the carbs, new stock filter with stock jetting and ride the bike...
            They only thing runnin like crap is whats comin out of your mouth , but thank the rest of you.

Weird thing this morning leavin work I started my bike and the freaking starter kept goin (lol) even when I turned the bike off ,and took out the key ,I had no choice but to ride her home like that ,buy the time I got home it stoped .I checked to see if it started up again and it did and turned off . Any clues ? starter relay , the button inside my Off on switch ? thanks again for the help guys .so do i mail you my carbs Arsenic ?? I live in Kissimmee Florida (lol) Pm detail and such ...lol
            Last edited by SithSpeeder; 10-21-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SithSpeeder View Post
              They only thing runnin like crap is whats comin out of your mouth
              Originally posted by SithSpeeder
              who the **** are you ,shut your ****in hole douche bag .
              Originally posted by SithSpeeder View Post
              I know , I need to get my carbs clean there is a bog when I jump on the throttle , and I think its normal but I have to use the choke almost every start unless I just run to the store and the bike warms up . I see carb rebuild kits are pretty reasonably .
              I think I have a new pet from Floriduh
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Welcome. Skip the pod filters. The Kats have Constant Velocity carbs which need the restriction from the stock airbox. It's possible to tune for lower restriction pods but not easy and there's not much point.

That said, needing at least some choke for most starts is normal. You should be able to start closing the choke 30 seconds or less after starting, depending on whether the engine was dead cold or partially warmed up. If the bike's starting easily and idling right when warm then you're good to go.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                  It's possible to tune for lower restriction pods but not easy and there's not much point.
                  No, it's not.

Comment

Great Idea guys thank you again for your help Arsenic ,Ill email you or pm you Friday this week.

Got my some Fusion paint by Krylon sanding my plastics down ,I didt realize how easy it is to do this stuff ,my bike gonna look like a +StormTrooper+ for Hallooween ,Ill post pics of the finished bike later here what I bought for 800 on clraiglist 2 years ago ,notice the ****ty paint job ...http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/3353226445.html

Comment

Working...
                    X