X

ammo boxes as storage on a kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ammo boxes as storage on a kat?

so im working on a 94 katana and im wanting to integrate military ammo boxes into the build without cutting down the frame anywhere .... anyone have any good ideas for places to mount it? im not gonna use the bike as a super bike.. no racing for me.. just day to day driving .. so wind shear and resistance isnt a deal for me

all i need is for it to look slightly tasteful, i was thinking of mounting on either side of my bikes tail but then my girl wouldnt have a place for her legs and she would complain

I'd say the tail is only place that would look good..maybe weld up a bracket that will easily un-latch or lower them when she rides?

Comment

I've seen it done, but IIRC there was no place for the passenger to put there feet afterwards.

You can use the search tool and find some examples.

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
      From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
      Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.
      Last edited by cintidude04; 08-27-2012, 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Why not get some soft bags and use them when you need them?....or a cargo net??? It's what I do.
        Attached Files
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

not a big fan of big hard bags . howw much ammo do you really need in a daily commute. unless you live in bosnia or south western asia somewhere.
          im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Doesn't matter where he is. He wants to be ready for when the zombies come.

I'd say your best bet is to build a bracket that mounts to bolts under the seat, And remove them for the lady to ride. If you look at touring luggage, no passenger with MOST hard luggage

Comment

killbillet.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, killbillet.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Can't tell how they're mounted, but are usable with a passenger

Comment

Working...
              X