no more kat :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no more kat :(

Well... here i go on a peeved off rant.
    So im sitting at a red light last night after a long 16 hour day at work. 5 miles from home, im thinking of what im going to make for dinner and how nice having a monday off will be when...BAM! Next thing i know im on the ground with a guy going "im sorry man, im sooo sorry!" Feeling like a truck ran over me and still not having a clue what happened i sit up, look around and thats when i see her laying on the ground in a puddle of gas. The guy is saying im sorry im sorry, i just didnt stop in time. By that point in time the police, ambulance and fire/rescue are pulling up. I get myself up and look around once again, there is my kat laying in a puddle of gas, swingarm busted, rear tire looks nothing like a tire and the whole rear section scattered all over the pavement. At this point the EMTs are trying to get me to lay back down, i tell them to f** themselves and that iv been working 16 hours and im in no mood for their crap( funny how things work that way lol). Anyhow, at the hospital i get the full story. Apparently the guy was drunk and misjudged how long it would take him to stop at a light and rear-ended me. He took the bike out from underneath me and i hit the windshield and rolled off his hood. Bike is totaled, i got a few bumps n bruzes but at least im not totaled. All i got to say is thank god for gear and that i hope the judge throws the book at this ahole. Oh well, maybe its gods way of telling me its time to get a gixxer

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm glad you're OK, though.

Comment

damn, that is not good. I dont know if I would go back to riding after an accident.
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Glad to hear you're ok. Bikes can be replaced.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
          damn, that is not good. I dont know if I would go back to riding after an accident.
          Why not? There are 2 types of riders, ones that had a crash and the ones that are going to. I got really lucky. Like i said it sucks that i lost my bike to someone elses drunken stupidity, hopefully his insurance company will cut me a nice fat check because the accident was his fault( in ny if your the guy in the back its on you) not to mention him being drunk. I just have basic liability, so im not that covered. As soon as i get a check, im puting that down on another bike

Comment

Glad to hear you are okay. Unexpected rear ends in a car are terrifying enough, I hope I never have to experience it on a bike. What mammut said is true, some riders stop after an accident like that. But I imagine those are usually rider's who are at fault.

Comment

Glad you're ok and will live to ride another day.

Comment

Glad to hear that you are okay. In regard to the gixxer, I highly doubt a lighter bike would have protected you any better (probably worse) than
                the Kat's full steel frame did.
                2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by gsx View Post
                  Why not? There are 2 types of riders, ones that had a crash and the ones that are going to. I got really lucky. Like i said it sucks that i lost my bike to someone elses drunken stupidity, hopefully his insurance company will cut me a nice fat check because the accident was his fault( in ny if your the guy in the back its on you) not to mention him being drunk. I just have basic liability, so im not that covered. As soon as i get a check, im puting that down on another bike
                  I've heard that line several times and still think it's an ignorant way of thinking. I haven't had a crash and don't plan on it, I did all my stupid stuff and all my crashes on dirt bikes as a kid. If someone else takes me out through no fault of my own, I'd have a hard time getting back on a bike also.

I just think that if someone is properly protected, experienced and smart about where and how they ride, you can greatly reduce the chance of laying a bike down. Obviously, there's no accounting for what happened to the original poster but I don't think you can say every rider will lay a bike down at some point.

Comment

Glad you are okay! Sucks about the bike, but at least you aren't seriously injured
                    Christine
                    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

sigpic

Instead of telling someone who rides a motorcycle how dangerous it is -- LOOK TWICE before switching lanes, making turns, or pulling out of a drive way. Stay on your side of the road, especially in corners. Don't FOLLOW too closely; bikes can stop faster than cars can. Keep your eyes on the road and off your cell phones. If you care about someone who rides a motorcycle, please repost

Comment

I was rear ended in my old car years ago. It was low speed; maybe 15 mph and didn't cause any noticable damage to my car, but it took probably a year or more where I would sort of get nervous when coming to a stop and I would see a car coming up behind me.

It's interesting because I was in an accident where I was a passenger and that didn't have any impact on my pscyhe. The driver made a left hand turn right into a Jeep, so I took the brunt of the impact, but I was actually fine other than a bump and scratch to the noggin.

Good luck on your recovery and bike search. Good to hear you are courageous enough to jump right back on to a bike after that.
                      Extra life.

Comment

Like others have said, bikes are replaceable. Just glad your ok man and nothing serious happened to you.
                        05 GSX 600F My Work In Progress!

Comment

Glad to hear your OK, as everyone said bikes can be replaced. Maybe now you can upgrade .

Also start doing your homework as soon as you can. Hit cycle trader, kijiji, Craigslist, local dealers etc etc. As some people have discovered, a lot of times they get low balled when it comes time to a pay out. Know what your bike is worth with examples if you need to come back with a counter offer. Don't forget any gear that was damaged either and needs to be replaced.

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                          A lot of people don't, it's a personal choice. Myself, I didn't stop and kept riding after my minor get off. Over the last few years we've lost several people at work due to stupid accidents (at work), when it's your time..... well it's your time.
                          Kyle

Comment

Glad to hear that you're ok. I've had friends with similar accidents that didn't turn out as well.

Originally posted by Pugga View Post
                            I've heard that line several times and still think it's an ignorant way of thinking. I haven't had a crash and don't plan on it, I did all my stupid stuff and all my crashes on dirt bikes as a kid. If someone else takes me out through no fault of my own, I'd have a hard time getting back on a bike also.

I just think that if someone is properly protected, experienced and smart about where and how they ride, you can greatly reduce the chance of laying a bike down. Obviously, there's no accounting for what happened to the original poster but I don't think you can say every rider will lay a bike down at some point.
                            No one plans on being in an accident. I was in a fairly serious accident when a woman ran a stop sign and broad sided me. I was a very cautious rider and there was nothing that anyone could have done differently other than not be in that intersection at that time. Most people that I've met who ride motorcycles have had at least one incident even if it wasn't as bad as the OP. Given the number of distractions that most car drivers have these days it doesn't surprise me to hear of stories like this. GL

Comment

Glad to hear you're ok. If you do get another bike... When at a stop, always have your bike at an angle to the car in front of you, so you can take off like a shotgun if an approaching vehicle is coming up behind you. Always have your eye on the rear view man. I'm not trying to be a dick, but drunk or not, cage drivers simply son't see you.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                              X