X

an idea I had

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an idea I had

I was looking for parts and just seeing what was out there, mostly little items like bar ends, oil caps etc. Pretty much just dress up items and after seeng a pair of engraved GSXR bar ends I had an idea, find a set of either polished or black anodized bar ends and have them engraved in the same style but instead of the big R have either a big F or the Kanji for Katana.

here is a link on Ebay to give you an idea of what I'm talking about
    Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
    fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
    fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
    girls = yammah
    yammah = a bunch of liars

lol I was thinking the same thing

Comment

well you know what they say, great minds think alike.

girls = yammah

Comment

Found something on ebay I might check into, according to the description on the item being sold they can do custom anodizing and personalization, just have to E-mail them. I'm going to see if they'd be able to engrave GSX-F on there also find out how long the bar ends are because if they are too long I'd rather not buy them.

I'd prefer short bar ends similar to the first link I posted but with GSX-F instead of GSX-R

girls = yammah

Comment

I'd suggest contacting the guys over at ThrottleMeister and starting with their heavier-than-stock bar-ends (instead of lighter aluminum ones). Those logo's look to be laser cut into the metals (might be wrong, but to my untrained eye, it doesn't look like it's milled in); finding someone who does laser engraving should do it. Then you have the best of all worlds: heavier bar-ends, cruise-control and the GSXF logo's...

Just a thought.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I don't see myself doing much crusing on my bike CP, I may get a pair of those at a later time right now I'm just seeing if it would be possible to get an etched pair of bar ends at a reasonable price.

girls = yammah

Comment

would look real good to if you could get them anodized gold and then get the matching GSXF master cylinder cover that some have here on KR.

Nice find man, let us know what comes of your research in this.

Comment

will do WildKat, I'd more than likely have them anodized in black though to look like the factory bar ends but with the GSX-F engraved in them

girls = yammah

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                  would look real good to if you could get them anodized gold and then get the matching GSXF master cylinder cover that some have here on KR.

Nice find man, let us know what comes of your research in this.
                  anodizing would look good for sure, but the problem with anodize is that it is not durable enough. it is not very weather resistant and it wears pretty easy. you would almost be better off with powdercoating them....but that would fill in the etching.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Those sure looked nice............

There was a guy, (BRAADA JIM might know him or have a link to him) that was doing brake reservoir caps..............

he might like to offer your idea too!

BTW..............JIM: You got a link to that guy? Hmmmmm?
                    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Is he still doing brake reservoir caps? If so I'd like to try and possibly work out a packaged deal with him if he decides to do engraved bar ends as well. He's already gotten my business for a solo cowl I might as well give him business for the other stuff too.

girls = yammah

Comment

Working...
                      X