X
X

hayabusa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the busa is it's own creation... a big heavy hyper sport.

if anything was to be the successor to the katana it would be the bandit 1200 and now the bandit 1250... steel framed sport touring bike with a bigger de-tuned motor. The emphasis is on budget and reliability, not pure power like the aluminum framed busa.

the gs1250f is the newest member to the family.... the gs650f is the new version of the "katana". lets face it. Suzuki was forced to become EFI and water cooled, but they are the same bikes.

Who care what wind tunnel it was tested in... the katana is a budget sport tourer.
    while the busa a top of the line hyper sport model made specifically to compete for fastest production bike in the world. You cannot deny that.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
      I think the busa is it's own creation... a big heavy hyper sport.

if anything was to be the successor to the katana it would be the bandit 1200 and now the bandit 1250... steel framed sport touring bike with a bigger de-tuned motor. The emphasis is on budget and reliability, not pure power like the aluminum framed busa.

the gs1250f is the newest member to the family.... the gs650f is the new version of the "katana". lets face it. Suzuki was forced to become EFI and water cooled, but they are the same bikes.

Who care what wind tunnel it was tested in... the katana is a budget sport tourer.
      while the busa a top of the line hyper sport model made specifically to compete for fastest production bike in the world. You cannot deny that.
      Bandits have always been Bandits, never Katanas. Again, Suzuki chose the GSX designation for the Busa instead of GSXR so that should tell you everything right there.

Comment

when we can swap motors with the busa without modding the frame then I'll say sure they are similar enough.
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

when we can swap motors with the busa without modding the frame then I'll say sure they are similar enough.
          Making no sense here. Can't swap oil and water cooled GSXR's....and they are still GSXR's. According to you, though, they aren't.

Comment

Dudes why are you still talking about this? So some guy thinks his Chevelle, I mean Hayabusa, isn't a big tuna. If that helps him sleep better at night, who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              Dudes why are you still talking about this?
              I was wondering the same thing.
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                Bandits have always been Bandits, never Katanas. Again, Suzuki chose the GSX designation for the Busa instead of GSXR so that should tell you everything right there.
                are you kidding bandits and katanas are the same freaking bike with a different styled frame and faring.... same motors, same suspension, same budget cheap price.

ok lets talk about model designation.... the 83 katana was a gsx1100s

Does that mean that it is related to the gsx-r no, it has nothing in common with the gsxrs. does that mean it is related to the "katanas" of the 90's (USA gsx600/750f ,NOT JAPANESE gsx1100se) no it means nothing about what it is related to.

It's like saying a drz 400 is a is a better version of the DR650 because the extra Z... absurd statement isn't it? they are 2 different bikes.

busa's are busa,
                gsxrs are gsxrs,
                katanas are bandit except the old school early 80's katanas... because those are katana's
                Tony
                94 Katana 600

Comment

because then we'd have to argue the accuracy of the cheap vs expensive micrometers. lol
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

You're in luck. I have both a 0"-1" and 1"-2" Mitutoyo micrometers. That should cover it. Just post results.

Comment

because then we'd have to argue the accuracy of the cheap vs expensive micrometers. lol
                      Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      You're in luck. I have both a 0"-1" and 1"-2" Mitutoyo micrometers. That should cover it. Just post results.
                      These quotes both depend on a statement that is now gone. while still funny , not as funny as it was with the original statement.
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

to the op: When you get back from deployment hit me up, I may be in the market for a newer kat by then - I doubt a Honda Blackbird will fit my budget.

Enjoy the Busa though!
                        Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                        Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                        2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

a coworker has one . he recently rode up for the kentucky derby. im trying to get him to ride with me so we can swap for a few miles.... that thing is a beast though....
                          im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by black&blue View Post
                            to the op: When you get back from deployment hit me up, I may be in the market for a newer kat by then - I doubt a Honda Blackbird will fit my budget.

Enjoy the Busa though!

Yeah ill let you know. Im still trying hard to keep the kat. However she said either the Cobra or the kat goes and im not letting my cobra go lol.

and for my input, i agree the kat and the busa are miles apart however anytime i ride one i feel like im on a big kat.
                            2002 yzf600r 35k, 98 katana 750 black 49k, 95 cobra blown

Comment

Originally posted by ncj_23 View Post
                              Yeah ill let you know. Im still trying hard to keep the kat. However she said either the Cobra or the kat goes and im not letting my cobra go lol.

and for my input, i agree the kat and the busa are miles apart however anytime i ride one i feel like im on a big kat.
                              Yeah....keep the cobra and sell the Katana

Thats not a hard choice in the slightest...besides, what do you need two sport/touring bikes for anyways?
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Now when you compare the Busa and the V-Rod...

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                                X