• Show
Clear All

• It came from Ebay "the better version"

anyone planning an engine swap?

Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
    fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
    fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
    girls = yammah
    yammah = a bunch of liars

aren't they a little high on the price of $2300?
    '03 Yamaha FZ1

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Average
      aren't they a little high on the price of $2300?
      Very much so, especially for a 2000 model, which was one of the two years suspectible to problems (Suzuki offered to fix all engine issues, and issued a global recall for affected users in June of 2000). On the other hand, this is a supposedly known-good, tested engine, complete with the works, from a reputible parter, and some users will pay extra for that.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I wish it didn't cost as much as one of my Katana's...I would stuff that in the 600 frame....and switch the 750 to the 771.....damn.
        1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
        2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
        Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

I saw the same engine a while back with a "buy it now" of $2800. Either the deal fell through or no-one wants to overpay that much. I want one of those, but not that badly!

Comment

especially for a 2000 model, which was one of the two years suspectible to problems (Suzuki offered to fix all engine issues, and issued a global recall for affected users in June of 2000).
            Funny........ I have no idea WTF you are talking about. 01 and 02 motors burned oil excessively due to faulty pistons and Suckzuki finaly issued a Service Bulletin concerning that issue, but I have NEVER heard of any issue with the 2000 motors.

Yes, I replaced my pistons in mine for the very same reason.
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
              Funny........ I have no idea WTF you are talking about. 01 and 02 motors burned oil excessively due to faulty pistons and Suckzuki finaly issued a Service Bulletin concerning that issue, but I have NEVER heard of any issue with the 2000 motors.

Yes, I replaced my pistons in mine for the very same reason.
              I hope they paid for it -- since they offered

Meanwhile, I saw the 6/2000 notice for engine defects at GE Insurance's recall notice board:

Note that this is not the same as an NTSC recall.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yes..............that motor is WAY TOO HIGH priced!

THat seller normally is WAY over priced on most of their stuff..................

Check out his other Katana stuff & you'll roar! $150 CDI units! HAH! I offered him TEN of them for $250! He politely turned me down, saying he was having trouble moving what he already had! DOH! GUess so, at $150 price tag!
                I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                X