Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here ya go....
    my first bike............gixxer 600
    me.............. a dumbass
    i got on it mad and lowsided it in a turn at like 70 mph. other than some scuffs and dirt in unmentionable places we both survived pretty much ok. how this happened im still boggled by
    fast forward 2 weeks

back on the bike again( more funny than oh sh$%)
    get the idea to race a friends mustang
    just put the tank back on about a hour before
    around a hundred i had a fuel line come loose and gas got onto my headers
    bike caught fire
    Ever had a cop pull up as you are pissing on your bike trying to put it out on the side of the highway??? i have.
    Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

1997 kat 600: b12 rear shock, jetted and vance and hines full exhaust.

Comment

btw this was in 2000, im not a dumbass anymore i promise!
      Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

1997 kat 600: b12 rear shock, jetted and vance and hines full exhaust.

Comment

Well there was this one time at band camp.....oh, I can't tell that one here...

Comment

it just isn't right resurrecting old posts with dead people in it. Jason05 doesn't have the liberty to change or edit his reply. But if he could, I am betting his reply would make y'alls seem pretty frickin' trivial.

well, at least his "slogan"under his name is appropriate.
          "I'm done posting".
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Dang! Didn't even notice that.......RIP Jason05
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

Ah, Jason... he rides on in my mind, even if not in reality. I know of each and every one of his mishaps (and I think Sin does too), as he often talked to us about them [well, except for the obviously "last" one] -- but unfortunately rarely/never listened to the advice dished out after telling us about them.

RIP Jason

=-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

only real scary moments that come to mind

1) Overtaking a car on the 'scrubby' side of the motorway at about 200kmh and getting 'tunnel vision' i.e. I MUST OVERTAKE EVERYTHING !!! soon calmed down when i realiased just how risky/dangerous what it was I was doing

2) My son tapping me on the shoulder going 'shoe' - i stop straight away - his boot had caught the road at somepoint and now the entire front part of his very rugged boot had gone !
                3) Dodging a peacock at about 130kmh...

4) Taking a roundabout too fast when practicing breaking using the rear.. there is a 'own comfort zone' for a reason .. and I found it that day when i managed get around a roundabout at about 60kmh....

That is all...

Comment

I've only been riding for a short period of time, but have still experienced a few heart-pounding moments.

1. Riding along, going about 35-45mph with my shield cracked open. Wham! Something hits it. I have no idea what it was, until I see it; and it wasn't hard to miss, seeing as how it clung on to my face shield a few centimeters from my right eye. A damn yellowjacket...a friggin bee. It was one of the most tense situations I have ever experienced. I somehow managed to open my shield a little more and the wind took it out, or he flew out, I don't know. I still thank my lucky stars for that one.

2. I changed my mind at the last second and decided to enter the "turn" lane to my left. Just as I do, a truck flies passed and almost clips my bike. I swear, I came within a few inches of being smeared. He was probably only going 15-20mph, coming up to a stop light, but it still wouldn't have been a fun experience.

Comment

i managed to both high side and simultaneously lowside after hitting a pothole going around a corner. this resulted in me irreperably damaging my bike. (now in the ownership of a scrap yard) and break my tibia into 3 parts. as i tried to bring the high side into control i saw the pothole and said to myself "oh shi....." and took a little trip through the air. aside from the broken leg im fine. love that safety equiptment. now i need new stuff
                    '93 naked kat 600 (wrecked and sold)
                    '82 v45 magna 750 (sold)
                    '80 xj650 maxim
                    "evil" '96 saturn sl2
                    '90 toyota pickup (killed by farm implement)
                    '94 toyota pickup 265000 miles and counting

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33006 my bike as it was

Comment

Watching an Unamed member on this board go thru a red light and almost get nailed by a car. Then 40 secs later the car infront of us hits a deer and it pretty much flips over our head, while kicking. Then about half an hour later when I watch this same unnamed member buzz thru a stop sign while I grit my teeth. He was new too the area and there was construction going on. So Ill leave that in his defense:P
                      !This Space For Rent!

Comment

Well for me it started out good but something seemed wrong. anyway this how my day started. Hope on my bike to go to renos to look at the Aprilias.I was on 435 bridge on the far right lane when a semi with a flatbed wanted my lane more then me, He pushed almost to the cement wall until I gased to get a head of him. yeah nice pucker moment.

This was when I should have turned around and parked the bike but what the hell right.
                        I was going down Holmes road when all the sudden I see this white blur out of my right eye, SHIIIIIIIIIt its a dog running full speed, I tried to miss her and WAAAAAAMMmm got the dog, somehow saved myself from high sideing . turn off the road to collect my selfand seen the dog laying in the middleof the road. Thinking to my self man I cant leave that dog there,I thought it was dead but I can see her breathing. ( mean while people would move over for me)
                        turned around parked the bike ran out and the dog was bleeding out here mouth. Nobody stoped to help accept a couple whom say everything , and ride them self help me , We called the tags on the collar and the owner came up and rushed the dog the Doggie ER. she asked me if im alright, any damage to me or the bike . I guess when I swerved I hit the dog in his head and spun the dog and hit the side of the bike.I looked at the bike and there is dog hair wedged in the rim and couple of bolt. took pics for your guys to enjoy
                        Attached Files

Comment

The time a semi started too peel his tire off infront of me.. not fun dodging rubber at 70mph:P
                          !This Space For Rent!

Comment

...a ladder, a metal industrial ladder that someone dropped on the freeway,,, luckily for me it got run over a couple times semiflattening certain areas but pretty bulky otherwise.

This happened a couple months after a couple different riders died hitting freeway debris.

A lot of it my fault. It was during morning commute, fast lane at normal traffic speed, lots of cars but all doing freeway speed so life was good,,, I was too close to the car in front of me when it veered into the left shouder exposing a ladder laying sideways slightly angulated at T-minus 2 secs,,, I was following too close and neglected to see all the others veering clear,,, I continued a straight path, over a flattened portion of the ladder, I stood up on the pegs and simultaneously yanked very hard on the handle bars to alleviate as much weight as possible... then major CLUNK,,, KAKLUNKGGG!!! ...my heart rate as if I were spriting on a run, my legs and arms shaking,,, I thought that I was gonna get smeared on that freeway and die right there,,, I rode for a couple miles monitoring tires and mechanics,,, all normal, proceeded to my destination and inspected underbelly, tires, etc,,, all OK to my surprise,,, but still shaky and bothered... I guess the two previous deaths a couple weeks earlier kept getting into my head... learnt another lesson that althought I knew I didn't practice that day.

KEEP YOUR DISTANCES.
                            PAY ATTENTION 100%.
                            HAVE AN EMERGENCY EXIT PLAN.

I know that it sounds cliche and we all know it but do YOU practice it ALL the time?

Good luck, be careful.
                            2000 Suzuki Katana 600 (Cryogenic suspension)
                            2002 Kawasaki Vulcan (Gone)
                            2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 (Gone)
                            2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650.

Comment

Riding through the dragon at a fairly quick pace following my friend pretty close. He dragged a peg and freaked, stood the bike straight up and grabbed the brakes. I almost laid the kat down pulling HARD to lean deeper into the right-hand turn and pass his stopped bike on the right. Also dragged my peg pretty hard in the process, but that's nothing new for me. He left skidmarks on the road, I left a set in my pants.
                              -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

this morning when my wife and i went ridding around the lake on our way to a nice little cafe for breakfast. where in the middle of a right hand turn when a couple of buzzards come flying out of the ditch and god must have been with us because the buzzard must have been 1-2 inches off my face shield all i could see was bird but thankfully only a near miss. im just proud my wife didnt freak .

Comment

Working...
                                X