X

94 katana front end.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 katana front end.

many thanks for taking the time to read this thread. Another one of my questions, that hopefully will raise some answers.. Does anyone know if it is possible to change the front end on a 94 katana 600, to something a little more modern? indeed has anybody done it themselves and are able to send me a link to have a look at some pictures? the avatar that i have posted on here is definately my favourite angle of the bike, it is just a shame the front is so boxy,, if its possible to change it for something more contemporary i maybe will do.

By front end do you mean the forks, or the fairings? Both have been done btw.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

One example...

Another example...

But... how much $ and time you want to put in, as there won't be anythign "simple" or "cheap" to do. It's expensive, time consuming, and generally alot of work to make these mods come out right.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Hey look up my page log in ILL GILL jus converted my wife front end

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
          By front end do you mean the forks, or the fairings? Both have been done btw.
          fairing is what I am concerned with changin. Something a bit more modern.. the back end has withstood the test of time very well, but the front could be more sleek

how do i get onto your page to view
          Last edited by b1005638; 03-06-2012, 08:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Look up my user name you should get to my post going to start producing them

Comment

it looks good, what have you done, chopped off the old front and plastic welded the now piece on? I am uk based so a produced front end from the states does not really appeal to me. It does raise a good issue though of using a doner part from a different model

Comment

I to am curious how that was done. And I agree, the rear of a kat looks modern, but the front looks a little outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by shift6 View Post
                  I to am curious how that was done. And I agree, the rear of a kat looks modern, but the front looks a little outdated.

The "right" way would be the same as the many threads on fairing repairs. Pretend your front end is broken off and your fixing it by putting them back together. Only your using a different front and and "blending" it into the old.

I'm not a fan of the "new" just bolted down on top of the "old", but... some people think that's fine.

Krey
                  Last edited by Kreylyn; 03-07-2012, 10:14 AM.
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

for the people that think this nose swap is easy think again it took me a lot of fab work on the plastic to mold and plastic weld together the smooth and fiberglass together this is not a bolt on application you can not use your old light but you can use te fairing stay will to explain if needed

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                      The "right" way would be the same as the many threads on fairing repairs. Protend your front end is broken off and your fixing it by putting them back together. Only your using a different front and and "blending" it into the old.

I'm not a fan of the "new" just bolted down on top of the "old", but... some people think that's fine.

Krey
                      i agree, new onto old is crap... all or nothing

Comment

Working...
                      X