X

HAYA-BURGMAN!!??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAYA-BURGMAN!!??

Last night I was riding home from Santa Monica on the 91 freeway. It was around 7:30 so rush hour traffic was thinning out (as much as LA traffic thins) but I still had to occasionally split lanes. While splitting, I pass this Burgman in the #2 lane stuck in stop-and-go. I scoot by and a mile down the road the lanes open up and I get to crusing speed (90). As I change lanes to catch the on-ramp to the 605 North this Burgman flys by me in the carpool lane. Mind you, I'm already doing 90!

Now, my ego remained in check. I had no problem with this scooter racing by. God knows how long it took him to rev up to 95+. I'm pretty sure this guy had it pinned, but it got me wondering...

How fast can that "scooter" go?
    sigpic

115 mph with a small rider, 105-110 normally. Because of the variable transmission used, it doesn't all that long to get there either... (at least not as long as you'd suspect given the engine size -- 638cc on the Burgman 650).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Just checking some links before I head off to work and found these for ya...

MCNews brings you all of the latest motorcycle news including latest bikes, race results and motorcycle reviews.

Comment

Re: HAYA-BURGMAN!!??

Originally posted by tdrcomm
        Now, my ego remained in check. I had no problem with this scooter racing by....
        Oh yeah, I'm sure of it...

Comment

I had no idea those things could go that fast.
          Tdr, you're ego would have to remain in check on that beast! Did that guy have any idea what he could have been up against?
          And besides, you never came across to me as the "ego" type
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

These new scooters have bigger engines than my first bike ( a 500) . But those wheels are TINY .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Cycle Canada did a write up on them and the Burgman 600 they said will do 160km/h which is 100 mph.
              Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                These new scooters have bigger engines than my first bike ( a 500) . But those wheels are TINY .
                LOL
                you know what they say....
                Tiny wheels....
                Tiny....

tires
                :lamo

Comment

I always said I'd never own a scooter, but if I had the extra cash and the way these things are now.. I'd consider just to put around in. As long as I had a mirror'd shield on

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                    I always said I'd never own a scooter, but if I had the extra cash and the way these things are now.. I'd consider just to put around in.
                    Why buy a scooter? You just putt around on the Kat anyways. What's the difference!?

Comment

Hey, remember I wasnt Need4Speed for nothing ...

and anyways; this statement coming from somone on a vulcan

Comment

The Vulcan is a bigger bike... passenger seat holds 2 women instead of 1!

Comment

OK, chalk up 1 for the for the vulcan... double your pleasure !!

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                            The Vulcan is a bigger bike... passenger seat holds 2 women instead of 1!
                            I never thought of that.....man...I am getting REALLY excited for spring!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                              ....man...I am getting REALLY excited for spring!
                              Just keep your "excitement" on your own Vulcan and everything will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X