X

Oil line leak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil line leak

After a good ride yesterday it looks like i have a leak from the oil line that goes to the bottom of the engine at the fitting that comes from the oil cooler, Can some one tell me what kind of seal or gasket i need to replace.

Thanks,Larry

Sounds like you need to replace the crush washers
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by LHOPPER View Post
      After a good ride yesterday it looks like i have a leak from the oil line that goes to the bottom of the engine at the fitting that comes from the oil cooler, Can some one tell me what kind of seal or gasket i need to replace.

Thanks,Larry

Depends on where it's leaking. If it's the connection your probably looking at something simple like an oring or crush washer.

If the it's line that is leaking, then you need to replace the line.

What year/cc bike do you have?

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

It`s a 1999 750 w/50,000, I was hopping that there`s a crush washer, in there, so i`ll check with the dealer.
        Thanks, Larry

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
          Sounds like you need to replace the crush washers

order 4 crush washers and replace the washes on both lines. If you are going to be dirty you might as well get really dirty. Very little oil will come out of the lines when you disconnect them but make sure you put something under the lines to catch the oil. Once you are re conected remember to check your oil level before starting up.

Comment

another +1.

I had to replace mine after pulling the pan to do the Factory Pro shift kit.
            Thought I could get away with re-using the old crush washers... not so much.

They should only be a buck or two at the dealer. You may have to drop the exhaust to get to them though - can't quite remember.

Comment

Again, depends on where the leak is. If it's leaking at the bottom where they bolt to the engine you have a 16X22X2 crush washer on either side of the banjo bolt. You can get those from any auto store as well if you wanted to replace them.

If it's the top side at the cooler, it's an oring that needs replaced on the 750 coolers. They use 2 small bolts and an oring setup. The 600s use another banjo bolt and crush washer setup.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

There`s the size I need, even if just order them from the dealer. They did say they would be in by Friday, @$1.37 each.

Comment

Working...
                X