Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

seat replacement options for pre-98 Kat 600?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat replacement options for pre-98 Kat 600?

my seat is toast. Corbin only lists a replacement seat for the 750.

any suggestions (other than a stocker on ebay)? i'd really like the black basketweave vinyl.

bike is not running now, so sending it off to have it recovered is no problemo.

original foam looks nasty too.
    KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Look no further:

Sargent Cycle Custom Seat Services Division - review our list of basic re-upholstering services, foam upgrades, and foam re-countering services.
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Re: seat replacement options for pre-98 Kat 600?

Originally posted by fixer
      my seat is toast. Corbin only lists a replacement seat for the 750.

any suggestions (other than a stocker on ebay)? i'd really like the black basketweave vinyl.

bike is not running now, so sending it off to have it recovered is no problemo.

original foam looks nasty too.
      '96 is pre '98. They say the seat fits 2005 - 1996 600 & 750's. I would call or email them for fitment.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I searched the site and here is what I found:

It lists a cover for the 600 88-79.

If you are for supplies to recover and possibly replace foam I can recommend this place. I've ordered material from them before and they always came through:

I would suggest their marine vinyl for bikes because they are designed for abuse due to weather but you make that decision. All the materials have their specs on what they are designed for....good luck with the project...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

some one was selling a corbin seat on here for $150 i think. it had the fireman's theme with it, but nice seat and dang nice price. don't know if it sold though

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Corbin will still make you a saddle, but you have to send them your existing seat to use the seat pan out of (as verses to the 98+ saddles, where they use their own aftermarket seat pan made of a hard fiberglass/kevlar like material). You could also take it to a local upholstery shop in your area and have them do the work -- replace and reshape the foam to your liking, recover it.

If all you are looking for is a new cover, do it yourself with materials from the place Jax suggested.

Finally, Sergeant does make comfy seats, so if they have availability for you, you can also go that route.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80
              some one was selling a corbin seat on here for $150 i think. it had the fireman's theme with it, but nice seat and dang nice price. don't know if it sold though
              That was for a 98+ if I remember correctly.

Comment

If all you plan on doing is just recovering, Sargent will make the cover for you and you just install it. You can design it however you want. This way there is no guess work involved. I will warn you though, installing a cover corectly can involve a quite comprehensive session of cussing as well.
                Ron
                MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

especially the cussing part. I used to do some upholstery back when I was working for my parents business when I was in high school. I can be a royal pain the arse but if you take your time you can do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X