X

2001 katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
    instead of cleaning new jets, spend the 130 bucks and do a Factory Pro Stage 1 Jet kit since you have the carbs apart.
    Can I just quickly interject and tell you this is completely wrong. #1, the FP jet kit uses the stock main jet size. It doesn't include new jets, unless you move up a size, which you generally don't have to do. #2, the FP kit uses the stock pilot jets, you don't get new ones. So, $130 bucks for a jet kit and you'll still have to clean them.

Comment

I know this might be nooby but did you smell the fuel if it smells like turpentine then it s no good .that might be the no starting cause .if that bike was here I,d buy it. key switch is cheap ..from china but it is exact fit

old sl 360 rider
      Last edited by asstmartin; 01-12-2012, 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        Can I just quickly interject and tell you this is completely wrong. #1, the FP jet kit uses the stock main jet size. It doesn't include new jets, unless you move up a size, which you generally don't have to do. #2, the FP kit uses the stock pilot jets, you don't get new ones. So, $130 bucks for a jet kit and you'll still have to clean them.
        So WTF do you get for 130 bucks then?

Comment

No key means he cant just open up the gas tank an start huffing....
          And doubt the seller would be wanting him to start pulling off hoses so he can smell the gas without cash in hand.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

man this is one heated debate. like they said, all about your ability to work on the bike. what is your total budget?

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
              So WTF do you get for 130 bucks then?
              Basically you're paying for the R&D Factory Pro did while finding the correct profile of the needles. Do you think they just guessed on that?

Comment

Working...
              X