X

All differences between 1127s- GSX-F and GSX-R

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All differences between 1127s- GSX-F and GSX-R

I have two 1127s in storage- both GSX-R motors. I understand there are several internal (only) differences.

Want to see if I have them right?

Different Cams?

Different gear cut?

Open them up side by side and tell us
    Is the crank different as well?
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisingram View Post
      Different gear cut?
      I'm pretty sure the crank is what he means by that.

Comment

I was thinking he was referring to individual transmission gears, not the crankshaft itself.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I think he said in a different post that they are in storage presumably in a location he can't get to readily.
          I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
          -Unholy m-
          Current project: Un-Katchable
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, they are six thousand miles away in storage LOL- right before I left the state, I scored to GSXR motors. I understand the GSXR has heli-cut gears and the GSXF has straight cut?

Comment

Not "gears", the primary GEAR on the crankshaft.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisingram View Post
                Yeah, they are six thousand miles away in storage LOL- right before I left the state, I scored to GSXR motors. I understand the GSXR has heli-cut gears and the GSXF has straight cut?
                That's backwards. The primary is straight on the GSXR, and helical on the GSXF. Supposedly that causes problems if you make a lot of power on a GSXF engine, but you have to make a LOT of power to ever be concerned about it. All GSXF's are threaded valve adjustment types, GSXR's went to shims for 91-92. The 91-92's also have e-f'n-normous ports, so you shouldn't have to pull the valve cover to tell the difference. Of course the 87-88 GSXR's weren't 1127's, so I'm assuming you already verified the displacement of them. You can also check the engine number, V706 is a GSXF. I don't remember the GSXR number(s) but any 1127 that isn't a V706 will be a GSXR.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

What loudnlow said and the cams are better in the GSXF also. The gear on the crank can be swapped though if you plan on making 170+ hp with that engine. The reason for the helicol gears is for noise reduction and yes they are weaker than straight cut gears but will hold up through most street riding.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
                    The gear on the crank can be swapped though if you plan on making 170+ hp with that engine.
                    Eh? I think that would be awful difficult.

Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working from a over year old memory since I saw the stuff last. so thanks for the info LOL- My motors are both GSXR motors- one is sitll in the GSXR LOL

The motor NOT in a GSXR right now is going in my GSXF 89 600 frame.

Oh yeah, I want to make max HP for the buck, always LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X