X

Does anyone have their phone mounted to their kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steves View Post
    Btw, no phone I've used has ever routed me correctly... take that phone navigation with a grain of salt. The GPS chipsets used in actual GPS devices and the antennas are much better.
    Don't know about others, but my iphone has a GPS chipset and since I started using it in early Oct as a GPS I have been very pleased, it kicks the crap out of my Magellan Roadmate on all levels.
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

I'm with you on this. My original Droid that is two years old now has never led me wrong. It's also very, very accurate when it comes to showing me my current location. Matter of fact, my buddy has a TomTom. More often than not I can get info punched in quicker and get started faster than his dedicated GPS.

Comment

Same here. I've got a Droid3 with Google maps and I like it better than my wife's Garmin. She's got a Droid2 and apparently she's been going to it over the Garmin, too.

My last phone, a Blackberry Storm2 was fairly good. I tried using it for geocaching a couple of times and it was ALMOST as good as my old Magellin Meridian. The Droid is much better than the BB was.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by the wind View Post
          you watch occ
          It's on for like 4 hours straight in the middle of the day. Yes, I have seen it quite a bit.

Comment

Guess I'm still kinda old school bc I don't have a smart fone so I use an ipod BUT I also have bluetooth helmet so I don't miss any calls and me & the buddies have intercom for open road communication without having to stop to tell everyone the plan. I want this one for bday or Christmas!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/TORC-MOTORCY...item2569b5acb1

Comment

That torc helmet that is linked looks like a Oneal Tirade with a nice paint job.
              I want to use my Iphone 4s on my Concours 14. I figure I'll need to get a special mount and a bluetooth helmet.
              Well, those Oneal Tirade blue tooth helmets are being blown out for $200 so I ordered one from motorcycle-supestore, it arrived the day before yesterday.
              Guess what? The blue tooth unit is dead, won't turn on, take a charge, etc, doa, so I am ****ed. Today, I'll take it to UPS to ship back and I am worried that they will charge me for shipping it back to them.
              Buyer beware of these things! Oh, and the blue tooth looks really crappy, wires crossing all over, looks real cobbled up, plastic cover on unit doesn't really line up, looks it was designed by someone who should be working the line at the rubber wang factory!

Comment

Here you go. Long as price isn't an issue! It's only 400 Euros.

This one actually looks promising for $60 but no intercom function. Parrot has a good rep for car hands-free kits.
                [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Parrot-Bluetooth-Motorcycle-Headset-Handsfree/dp/B001AEHFIK"]Amazon.com: Parrot SK4000 Bluetooth Motorcycle Headset Handsfree System: Electronics[/ame]
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I have seen a mount by Ram but for me I use the wired head set that came with my Iphone and keep the phone in my jacket pocket cheap and it works (K.I.S.S)

Comment

my iphone 3 is Velcro-ed to the triple easy peasy.

Comment

X3.

Comment

Working...
                      X