X

Does anyone have their phone mounted to their kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have their phone mounted to their kat

I use my iPhone to listen to iheart radio on my 50 mile commute to work. It would be nice if I could touch the screen while I'm riding to change stations. Does anyone use a mount that they bought online or has anyone made their own mount. I'd love to see pictures

I think there's a gadget guy mount for the iphone.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I've been wondering this too. I'd like to use the GPS feature on my phone and have it mounted securely to my bike.

Comment

It's called "Cell Buckle". I only know that because OCC built a bike for them.

Comment

NEVER, the only sound I want to hear is my engine, that is the best sound in the world.
          My time on my bike is my own and god help anyone or any thing who interrupts it!

Tok

Comment

Originally posted by Tokalosh View Post
            NEVER, the only sound I want to hear is my engine, that is the best sound in the world.
            My time on my bike is my own and god help anyone or any thing who interrupts it!

Tok
            x2

Comment

I work a job where periodically I have to be on alert. For 4 months straight I have to be able to respond to a phone call, showing to work within 1 hour of the call. Even when I'm not on alert, the job needs to be able to reach me in time for me to show no later than 2 hours after the phone call is made and the wife needs to be able to reach me in an emergency. Tying my cellphone into the intercom is the price I pay to be able to ride.

I've got a wired intercom (Autocomm) setup with a bluetooth adapter to tie it to my phone. That way, when I'm local the phone can stay in the holster or jacket pocket. If I'm on a long highway cruise I'll plug in the patch cord and put the phone's music player on random shuffle. That way I get some variety and don't have to mess with the buttons.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                I work a job where periodically I have to be on alert. For 4 months straight I have to be able to respond to a phone call, showing to work within 1 hour of the call. Even when I'm not on alert, the job needs to be able to reach me in time for me to show no later than 2 hours after the phone call is made and the wife needs to be able to reach me in an emergency. Tying my cellphone into the intercom is the price I pay to be able to ride.

I've got a wired intercom (Autocomm) setup with a bluetooth adapter to tie it to my phone. That way, when I'm local the phone can stay in the holster or jacket pocket. If I'm on a long highway cruise I'll plug in the patch cord and put the phone's music player on random shuffle. That way I get some variety and don't have to mess with the buttons.
                Sounds complicated. I've got a set of headphones with a microphone in them. I clip the microphone up inside my helmet, plug it into my phone and shove my phone in my inside jacket pocket. Easy as pie, but honestly the wind noise gets to be a little too much on the highway. I can wander around town talking on the phone just fine, but on the turnpike it's a no go. I'm thinking one of those "quiet rider" deals might fix that for me.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                  Sounds complicated...
                  Sounds a lot more complicated than it really is. Basically, I've got three cords coming out of my tankbag. (I need to do the under-seat install this winter now that I've decided I like it.) One cord goes to a BT handsfree thing I picked up on ebay for $10. The other two go to the helmets. If I don't have a passenger with me then that cord stays in the tankbag. If I want to listen to music then the phone goes in the tankbag with a cord from the headphone jack to the Autocomm box.

Having the intercom makes my boys more comfortable on the bike so it's worth having. The fact that the system is designed for motorcycling means that the VOX works well with wind noise and the speakers/mic are hard-installed inside the helmets. Always there and out of the way when not in use.

Around town, callers can't tell I'm on a bike and I can hear them loud and clear. (So can the passenger. The boys love calling Mom to let her know when we're on the way home. I hit the button on the hands-free and dial with voice prompts.) On the highway there's a little background noise when I'm talking but the VOX switch cuts off when I'm not talking so it's not constant.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                    Sounds a lot more complicated than it really is. Basically, I've got three cords coming out of my tankbag. (I need to do the under-seat install this winter now that I've decided I like it.) One cord goes to a BT handsfree thing I picked up on ebay for $10. The other two go to the helmets. If I don't have a passenger with me then that cord stays in the tankbag. If I want to listen to music then the phone goes in the tankbag with a cord from the headphone jack to the Autocomm box.

Having the intercom makes my boys more comfortable on the bike so it's worth having. The fact that the system is designed for motorcycling means that the VOX works well with wind noise and the speakers/mic are hard-installed inside the helmets. Always there and out of the way when not in use.

Around town, callers can't tell I'm on a bike and I can hear them loud and clear. (So can the passenger. The boys love calling Mom to let her know when we're on the way home. I hit the button on the hands-free and dial with voice prompts.) On the highway there's a little background noise when I'm talking but the VOX switch cuts off when I'm not talking so it's not constant.
                    Ok, I think I've got it. The Autocom box really does everything. The bluetooth thing is just so you don't have to plug your phone into the Autocom box, but you could plug it in if you wanted to and you wouldn't need the bluetooth adapter, right? And then you just have your headsets, correct?

I was imagining something much more complicated. That's not bad at all.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

This one is on my short list. I too started using my iphone for GPS. The Navigon software is a cheap feature rich GPS, as long as you don't mind the small phone display.
                      2000 Katana 600
                      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Btw, no phone I've used has ever routed me correctly... take that phone navigation with a grain of salt. The GPS chipsets used in actual GPS devices and the antennas are much better.
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                          It's called "Cell Buckle". I only know that because OCC built a bike for them.
                          you watch occ

Comment

W-B, the cardo scala Q2 has bluetooth capability, FM radio, and pairs easily with all phones. When a call comes in, a tap on the control button answers the call, and a second tap, hangs up and returns you to either radio, or mp3 (wired) or silence if you choose. They last about 8 hours before needing recharging, and the FM radio is okay depending on location.
                            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                              Ok, I think I've got it. The Autocom box really does everything. The bluetooth thing is just so you don't have to plug your phone into the Autocom box, but you could plug it in if you wanted to and you wouldn't need the bluetooth adapter, right? And then you just have your headsets, correct?

I was imagining something much more complicated. That's not bad at all.
                              Exactly. I usually don't bother with music (I like motor-music!) so the BT adapter lets me talk to the passenger and receive phone calls without having to fish the phone out and connect wires to it. When I stop, I just unplug the helmet and walk away from the bike with the phone still in my pocket.

Ideally, I'd prefer a BT link between the Autocomm box and the helmet but that either gets into money or a giant blob hanging on the side of the helmet. There's one out there that fits around the base at the back of the helmet but $$.

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
                              W-B, the cardo scala Q2 has bluetooth capability, FM radio, and pairs easily with all phones. When a call comes in, a tap on the control button answers the call, and a second tap, hangs up and returns you to either radio, or mp3 (wired) or silence if you choose. They last about 8 hours before needing recharging, and the FM radio is okay depending on location.
                              Sounds nice but it looks like it'd make all kinds of wind noise.
                              Last edited by Wild-Bill; 11-17-2011, 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X