X

post kat suspension

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post kat suspension

i'm looking at replacing the rear suspension on my post kat. can anyone recommend any upgrades or replacements ?i've got a 2000 kat 600

R6 shock.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Not for a 2000 kat. I don't suggest you get an RF900 shock either.

Depending on your budget, get with TMod.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I dont understand why the pre would be any different than the post, shock linkage different?

I would want the newest most adjustable shock I could cram in there.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Without having had a Pre, I believe there is quite a difference. I know the dog-bones are a lot different, and there might be clearance differences on the top end as well.

I've got an 06 600, and I ended up buying one of the Post 750 shocks from Tmod. It has a threaded collar instead of the steps for preload, and has separate compression and rebound adjustments. I also paid to have him put in the gold valve from Race Tech, and a spring for my weight. It's an amazing difference. I've heard good things from Tmod adjusting the stock valving in that shock without the gold valve as well. If you do the rear suspension though, you'll really notice how bad the front is unless you've already upgraded that too.

Comment

+1 for a reworked 750 unit from Tmod, I love mine.
            2000 Katana 600
            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

+1 for Tmod for putting a bandit 1200 shock in my pre 750 this weekend... I love it

Comment

Originally posted by kazahara View Post
                +1 for Tmod for putting a bandit 1200 shock in my pre 750 this weekend... I love it
                That doesn't really help the OP.
                I do however +1 for contacting Tmod about a post 750 shock.
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                  That doesn't really help the OP.
                  I do however +1 for contacting Tmod about a post 750 shock.
                  I just mentioned Tmod because the third post suggests contacting him and I was sharing my experience.
                  Last edited by kazahara; 11-14-2011, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Ok just making sure you weren't suggesting a B12. Although I am looking to get rid of mine an a quick sale would be nice lol jk.
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                      Not for a 2000 kat.
                      ??? First time I've heard that.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                        Me too, but suspension isn't my thing. That's what Tmod is for.

Comment

I read a thread a long time ago about some stuff being in the way for the post with r6 shock. I remember the battery box being one of them.
                          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

from what i can remember you have to cut the battery box for clearence with the r6 shock. IMHO i would contact TMOD for the perfect setup.
                            "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                            1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                            2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                              I dont understand why the pre would be any different than the post, shock linkage different?

I would want the newest most adjustable shock I could cram in there.
                              Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                              The R6 shock is the swap for pre's. On the post bike there isn't room for clearance on the piggy back.
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X