Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Differences in 1100F Models? +A little used bike advice...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently you've forgotten pretty much everything. You've forgotten your sense of decency. You've forgotten how to abide by the rules of the forum (50 posts before you call sell things here). You've apparently also forgotten that bikes depreciate (they weren't much more than that brand new). I hope that you've also forgotten ~$2000 in cash under the seat of that bike if you expect to get $4000 out of it.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Way to turn an inappropriate post into a bash-fest guys.

Hijack much?
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

You really should go visit the Katana 1100 site just above. The first year 1100F was sold only in Europe and supposedly, it had horrible handling. Suzuki did some changes to it and brought it to the U.S as an '88.
        In '89, they did a couple of minor changes, most notable was a longer swingarm for an improvement in stability. Outside of that, the bike mechanically remained unchanged until they stopped making in '96 (after '93, it was still sold elsewhere outside of the U.S.).
        Carbs? They never changed. The bike is softly sprung. I weigh 220lbs and it never really bothered me as I used this bike a lot for long multiday trips (which the bike does best).
        Funny thing about the value of the bike is that it doesn't have much. A local bike mechanic told me that he knows of many instances where Kat 1100's and GSX1100r's had the engines transplanted into sprint cars and the rest (sigh!) was tossed.
        I think a lot of Katana 1100 owners might be where I am- it is not their primary bike, but they won't get much if they sell it and it is a great bike, so it sits in the garage as a secondary ride (my new queen is a '11 Concours 14 abs).
        Don't be afraid of high miles, properly maintained, these bikes can go 100l miles or more. If you look at one, make sure to see it real early in the morning, and that the bike is cold. Start it up and watch the exhaust- if it is worn, you'll likely see blue smoke accompanied by the sweet smell of burning oil. Don't be afraid to pay top book price for a excellent bike as the cost of repairs and parts can easily exceed the bike's worth.

Comment

I have a '88 1100f and I do agree it is softly sprung and a bit heavy, but that is the kind of bike I was looking for. Friends criticized me for buying such a big bike... till they sat on it. It has a very nice handlebar position, a low seat height and not nearly as top heavy as say a Concours or FJ1200. I tend to ride with a 1/2 full tank unless on a long trip anyhow. Oh I forgot lots and lots of low end torque. I did read something about the '88 models having a shorter swingarm and wheelbase diff from the '89-93 models but didnt care and for that matter will I ever run the bike hard enough to ever know the difference.
          Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

88 rode hard

i run my 88 very hard some times but iv changed a few things going hard on a bike is 70 prcent the rider 30 prcent the bike a good rider on a older bike can all ways blow away a crap rider on a newr bike

Comment

Working...
            X