WILEY CO IS ON

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StoneJrW
    Originally posted by cexodusk
    I got my CF on my 05 750, sounds great and noticable power gain. I lost one of the allen head screws from the pip to the muffler anyone know where i can get one?
    I was wondering. Would that CF fit on my 05 600? It doesnt list it in the specs.
    I'm pretty sure it will. the kats haven't changed much in that area since 98. one way to be sure would be to go to ronayers and look at the fische and see if the stock pipes have the same part number.

edit: I looked at the fische and the 98 and the 04 have a different part number. I still think it would fit,maybe someone else can clarify.

Comment

Got my wiley co stainless today. Put it on and WOW!!! It's not too loud it almost seems as loud as stock just DEEPER! and more POWERFUL!
      I'll post pics and how to in mechanics section.
      sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

Originally posted by StoneJrW
        I was wondering. Would that CF fit on my 05 600? It doesnt list it in the specs.
        Originally posted by katana bob
        I'm pretty sure it will. the kats haven't changed much in that area since 98. one way to be sure would be to go to ronayers and look at the fische and see if the stock pipes have the same part number.

edit: I looked at the fische and the 98 and the 04 have a different part number. I still think it would fit,maybe someone else can clarify.
        The answer is yes, because all the 98+ have the same header collector end opening size (if you look closely at the parts fiche, you'll notice they all share the same part number for the header-to-mid-pipe gasket).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by njdeppen
          got my wileyco put on last night, the sound is awesome. the midpipe was a very tight fit. I took the advise of other posts and got the pipe in. Just remove the gasket, spread fins on stock pipe. I squeezed the fins on wileyco midpipe together. and it slide in fairly easy. just use the twisting motion descriped in the other post and it went on with no leaks. I removed the old clamp and used the new one but I recomend cutting the end of the clamp bolt down it stuck out about 1/2 inch past fairings. ouch it you ever get your leg caught. Just use small hacksaw.
          Well found out the next day I had a small leak when moisture was dripping out. took pipe back out and went ahead and put gasket sealer on inside of collector pipe and sealed up the notches on the new midpipe. put it back together with stock clamp{ seemed to clamp tighter] now it's perfect just a little of the stuff shows on outside, but I can live with that.
          Rode it last couple of days about 200 miles total and no leaks/drips install finally a success.

Comment

hmmm... i want one but money is too tight, even when its this cheap. hopefully he'll still be selling them in a of couple months. maybe by then you guys will have figured out a foolproof way of installing them w/o leaks or too much difficulty.
            I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

heh heh, I cracked and bought one. if you are getting one definately submit your own offer first. i submitted $85 and got it for $100 after shipping was added. i figure the $15 i saved will pay for some of the pain and suffering i'll experience trying to get it installed.
              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Comment

I emailed Wileyco about why the midpipe was so hard to fit and this is the replyI got:

From: Service / Wileyco Italia s.r.l. [mailto:[email protected]]
                Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 2:55 AM
                To: William A. Stone
                Subject: Re: Part Number WC857 Oval

This exhaust will not fit your bike. Please return it to where you purchased the system.

Did you purchase this on e-bay?

Steve

I emailed them back and said that I was lookig to buy one on ebay but hadnt bought it yet. I also ask if I could get a better fitting midpipe and this was their reply:

From: Service / Wileyco Italia s.r.l. [mailto:[email protected]]
                Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 5:01 AM
                To: William A. Stone
                Subject: Re: Part Number WC857 Oval

Yes we do have an adapter but it fits the new style muffler that you don't have. These e-bay deals are not correct. I suggest you return it to the seller.
                My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Comment

figures... lol. well i'm getting that d@mn thing on my Kat one way or another. it shold be arriving it 3 more days.

Comment

The following info also came from Steve over at WileyCo this morning:

Originally posted by WileyCo
                    These e-bay exhausts were made 6 years ago and were sold to a importer on the west coast who no longer works with us for 5 plus years now. Some of these systems are scratched and damaged and most are missing parts (as per comments from the people purchasing them).

The adapter these systems have will not fit our new style muffler and the muffler with these systems will not fit our new style adapter. We have sent letters to e-bay and to this dealer but no replies.

All the enquiries we have received have been advised to return the exhausts to the seller.
                    Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

• But it doesn't answer the most important question, if they are for the Katana as the part numbers suggest, why don't they(the mid-pipe) fit properly?

BTW my box arrived with everything it was suppose to, well packed and not a scratch on anthing.
                      Kyle

Comment

• It does answer, woobie. There is supposed to be an adapter that isn't included. Based on StoneJrW's post, it doesn't look like they sell that adapter anymore, either. So, we need someone who can build an adapter. I wouldn't think it'd be that hard. Just need the right size pipe for header and mid-pipe and weld them together.
                        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                        -Terence

Comment

• I'm assuming by adapter they mean Midpipe.

IE the new mufflers don't fit the old midpipe and the old mufflers don't fit the new midpipes.

Besides AFAIK they don't make Katana exhausts anymore, they stopped in 2000, or the website is 6 years out of date .
                          Kyle

Comment

• ok, so here is the burning question... i just bought one of these which hasnt even arrived yet.

wtf do i do with it? will I hurt anything if i try to install it like these other peeps have done, or can someone make me an adapter?

this is exactly why i don't trust people on ebay.

Comment

• the wileyco WILL fit! there are several people here (including me) that have them. yes, it is a little bit of a hassle, but well worth it imo. there is a write up in the mechanics section on whats needed to install it.

Comment

• Yes, technically it will fit. Good luck making it work well enough if you ever decide to take it off. A simple mid-pipe to header adapter that would add only about 2-3 inches would take all the hassle out of putting this on. If I had a welder and the pipe, I would make them for anyone that wanted one, but I don't so I can't. For me, this almost isn't worth the hassle. But that's just my opinion.
                                Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                                -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                                -Terence

Comment

Working...
                                X