X

problems with the engine rpm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with the engine rpm

i have gsx6oof, 1993 model. engine is swapped to 750f. wirings and ecu is from 600f. exhaust is from 1200 bandit with 3" remus pot on it. all rubber parts from carburator are replaced with new ones. and now i have a problem. if i start the engine, rpm raises immediately to 6000 and will not fall. what causes that? throttle cable and choke cable moves both freely.

sorry, i know my english is bad

Try adjusting your idle down.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Carbs synced?

Idle adjuster all the way off/out?

Checked not a throttle cable issue by unhooking it from the carbs entirely?

Carb boot clamps not in the way of the throttle?

All 4 chock plungers are closed fully (check by removeing choke cable and push them closed by hand.)?

A/F screws set at least 2.5 turns out (shouldn't cause the 6k issue, but will cause a higher rpm idle issue)?

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Those are 89-97 Katana 750 carbs. You said 600? And the float bowls are on all kinds of wrong, #1 is the only one that's right. Not that that'll cause a problem. Jus' sayin'
        Last edited by arsenic; 06-20-2011, 12:13 PM.

Comment

600f with 750f engine.

idle adjustel is all way out. choke and gas cables moves freely
          Last edited by linnutom; 06-20-2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by linnutom View Post
            600f with 750f engine

its ok, we're trying to teach Arsenic to READ the ENTIRE first post before he responds... but its a long road ahead of us.

btw, yer english is fine

See My Garage for mods...
            T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
            Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

You know, I did read that, but I forgot. It's a memory issue, not a reading issue. So, good luck fixing that one.

Comment

how can i adjust floats?

Comment

Have you tried screwing in the adjuster on the cable at the carb end.It could be too tight.
                  And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Comment

so, little update. i tried to adjust float heights, and i cleaned float jets correctly, and problems with high rpm and fuel overflow is now history. still there is small problem with rpm. if i start engine, rpm is normal (1000) after giving a throttle, rpm goes too slowly... it takes maybe a 40 seconds when rpm is back in 1000 or 1500. what may cause that? fuel mixture too light? exhaust system is too free and so called backpressure is too small? i'll give you a small video, in the end after a small burnout you can hear that rpm does not fall down.

http://toru.ee/view/ecab9d2ed333 nevermind the ghetto backround

Comment

Hanging throttle is generally a lean condition caused by dirty carbs, old fuel, sync issue, or air/vacuum leak.

Just narrow down which by picking one to test for that is easiest for you and go from there.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yes. sync is next thing in my "to do" list. fuel is fresh and carbs are clean now. still i will check that vacuum leak, because wacuum hose, that coes from carbs to petcock, is on withoun any clamps on it (couldn't find any that size)

Comment

may it be, that my hanging idle is caused because i havent set my a/f screws? i'm not sure, that they're set 2.5 turns out? as you can see on video, my exhaust is not original anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by linnutom View Post
                            may it be, that my hanging idle is caused because i havent set my a/f screws? i'm not sure, that they're set 2.5 turns out? as you can see on video, my exhaust is not original anymore.

If you haven 't pulled and cleaned the pilot circuit, and then set the a/f screws at 2.5... your probably going to see a bit of leaness....

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                            X