X

Things People Ask You To Do While You Are Stopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjangus89 View Post
    In late fall the mornings and nights are between -5 and 15 degrees. As long as it hasn't snowed yet, I ride. I'll have my Polaris snowbibs and down-filled Polaris jacket on, i have a full faced mask on under my helmet and my polaris gloves. Time and time again i get asked, "Isn't it too cold to ride?" I simply ask, "Is it too cold to ride snowmobile?"

That's my whole thought process. If you can snowmobile in this temp, you can ride in this temp.

Comment

• Last week after I replaced the chain, some lady pulled up next to me and started pointing at my bike and talking. I couldn't hear her over my headphones and my helmet, so I just shrugged, shook my head, and pointed toward my helmet.
      As she got more insistent, her (probably 10 or so year old) daughter started twisting her hand in a "rev it" motion. As she did that, the light turned green, and I followed the daughters advice.
      It was fun.

Comment

• *subscribed* The whole thread is full of awesome.

Comment

• Yep, every single page!
          2006 Katana 600
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JIB View Post
            That's my whole thought process. If you can snowmobile in this temp, you can ride in this temp.
            Difference is a snowmobile doesn't have 2 wheels. All the crap thats on the roads here Salt, gravel ect. Makes it not even worth pulling the bike outta the shop. I'll wait till spring and keep it Chiney side up Thx!
            Joker
            The newest addition to the Family!
            sigpic
            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

• Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
              Difference is a snowmobile doesn't have 2 wheels. All the crap thats on the roads here Salt, gravel ect. Makes it not even worth pulling the bike outta the shop. I'll wait till spring and keep it Chiney side up Thx!
              Not only that, but I know my sled has a lot better wind protection than any of my bikes along with heated grips, which makes it much more pleasant to ride when it's extremely cold.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post

Put chains on the tires and bundle up! Ride all year round!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuzukiJoeDirt View Post
                  Put chains on the tires and bundle up! Ride all year round!

Oh I do ride all year round! But I also choose the right bike for the job. Chains on a Cycle are a recipe for death. Studs on a quad however = FUN!
                  Joker
                  The newest addition to the Family!
                  sigpic
                  stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

• Originally posted by brooder View Post
                    The one I get is usually after I've walked into the office with helmet and gloves in hand and my jacket still on: "Did you ride into work today?" "Nope. Figured I see what all those stunt drivers feel like as I drive in today."
                    one i'm going to have to use soon!!!! ... love it!

Comment

• why does your bike have a texas flag on it? (D&D exhaust)

Even funnier because the guy that asked me was at work and I had not ridden in month because of winter
                      Really had him stumped
                      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

• I've gotten the "that thing is going to kill you" before, when riding any motorcycle and my response is always "so will smart *** comments like that." Then I give them a **** you kind of smile and walk away.

Comment

• Originally posted by jacob. View Post
                          I've gotten the "that thing is going to kill you" before, when riding any motorcycle and my response is always "so will smart *** comments like that." Then I give them a **** you kind of smile and walk away.

Comment

• 2 hours well used...
                            Not bike related but funny none the less. I also drive an S2000, fairly modded fast convertable, I was sitting at a light when I hear, plainly loud enough for me to overhear some guy saying "thats a girl's car" I look back and I kid you not it was 2 guys in a beat up caravan. My response" wow, really, coming from 2 dudes in a caravan, tell me how was soccar practice anyways?, Tell you what, you bring the kiddies home and I'll make sure mom gets home before dawn." Shut them up.

On my Kat, the ride home after I bought it, only been on it for twenty minutes max, I get to a stop sign and stalled it, twice. I'm pretty embarassed cause there were some super hotties accross the intersection from me staring. I get the obligatory clapping as they drive by, I bowed my head in shame kind of playing along with it. 2 days later I see one of them at the gas staion, I didn't know who it was until she asked if I was going to stall it again. Some small talk ensued, and 1 phone number later I turned a negative into a positive. Just goes to show, not all things are as bad as they seem.

Comment

• Originally posted by methodicreign View Post
                              On my kat, the ride home after i bought it, only been on it for twenty minutes max, i get to a stop sign and stalled it, twice. I'm pretty embarassed cause there were some super hotties accross the intersection from me staring. I get the obligatory clapping as they drive by, i bowed my head in shame kind of playing along with it. 2 days later i see one of them at the gas staion, i didn't know who it was until she asked if i was going to stall it again. Some small talk ensued, and 1 phone number later i turned a negative into a positive. Just goes to show, not all things are as bad as they seem.
                              nice!
                              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

• "Where do you bolt on the training wheels?"
                                "Shouldn't that thing have pedals?"

Referring to my CB125S, always from other "bikers" (yuppies with trailer queens, or kids with mom's paycheck.)

I don't have the bike anymore, but I always found the comments amusing, considering that it was still highway capable.

EDIT: I've also had smartass comments asking me to "pull it up" or "burn it off". You just don't do that stuff with an 11HP/350lb bike... I ignore those people, don't even acknowledge their presence.

I've had people ask for rides, but I never comply. Not comfortable with other people on my bike, personally, probably because I don't feel that I'm the smoothest rider even when I'm alone, and I don't have a "M" endorsement yet, because I normally just get a permit (I don't think you can have passengers on a permit?)
                                Last edited by Christ; 03-11-2010, 11:01 AM.
                                Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X