X

Idle control knob

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle control knob

Even when warmed up I cannot get the idle past 900rpm. By turning the knob clockwise it is so tight it feels like the spring will snap and cannot be turned any further. Thoughts? Thanks.
    LMT

Try turning it the other way yet? I believe my idle goes up turning counter clockwise, but it has been a few weeks since Ive messed with it.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Clockwise screws it in (pushes the throttle open raising the prms)
      Counterclockwise screws it out.

Lefty loosey, righty tighty....

A couple of things I would check...

1. The cable is complete and in good condition, the end is not broken, something isn't stopping it/binding it up. The spring is in place and properly seating with a washer to prevent it from sliding up on the cable.

2. If the cable works right, I would check for damage and make sure your throttle assembly on the carbs are not bent/damaged, and working right.

3. If no damage to either of those... you need to remove the carbs, do a full cleaning on them, back the throttle cable all the way out, bench sync the carbs, re-install them on the bike and sync while on the bike.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Take a look at the spring when you pull the carbs. I was working on some carbs last fall and the brand new spring from the dealer was too long. Before the screw touched, the spring was fully compressed. Fortunately, the old spring was still useable but apparently some of the replacement springs are longer. (I checked the bag it came in and it was the correct part number.)
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Clockwise screws it in (pushes the throttle open raising the prms)
          Counterclockwise screws it out.

Lefty loosey, righty tighty....
          True wasnt really thinkin bout the fact that mine isnt stickin out the side like most so Im looking at it from the other side lol oops.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
          X