X

Anyone try this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try this

Anyone put neons on the bike? If so let me know how it went/ post some photo's

LED's would be more preferable
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I've had neon on my Kat. they break all the time. go with L.E.D.'s
      "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
      1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
      2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

I'm running 2 15" leds flexible strips under the tank and 2 15" flexible strips down the frame under the tail fairings.
        They are flat contour to many shapes and use double sided tape to install.
        I also got 2 9" led flexible strips under my front windscreen for my front turn signals and with the tinted screen you can't see them till they are on.
        Be warned though I got stopped once for exposed bulbs because one of my rear strips could be seen so I moved them further up.
        1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
        1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
        Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

I've got 96 leds on my bike, would never do neon on the bike though...I'm afraid it would break.
          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Here in PA, neon tubes are actually illegal on a bike. LED is the way to go as the light is brighter. Now if I could just find some good deals to do mine, as the PO used neon tubes.
            Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by str8poolbanger View Post
              Here in PA, neon tubes are actually illegal on a bike.
              Was just gonna say that. They will break, hence why they're illegal. Plus, they draw a significant amount of power, and will drain your battery.
              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
              Semper Fi

Comment

I got LEDs on my bike they are nice and legal in PA

Comment

Seems like almost everyone runs leds they are brighter and don't suffer from vibration issues like neon tubes. More good news most auto parts stores carry led strips so mount up be bright and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
                    Seems like almost everyone runs leds they are brighter and don't suffer from vibration issues like neon tubes. More good news most auto parts stores carry led strips so mount up be bright and enjoy.
                    The problem with the auto parts stores, is that they are so over priced for their strips, and it would be cheaper to buy on ebay or online and get almost triple the amount of lights for the same price.
                    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by str8poolbanger View Post
                      The problem with the auto parts stores, is that they are so over priced for their strips, and it would be cheaper to buy on ebay or online and get almost triple the amount of lights for the same price.
                      True but if he wants them now lol

Comment

Joe Florida on ebay has great prices

Comment

any kinda lights ((whether led or neon)) on a car up in wisconsin is illigal. on a bike they arent. Why is that? Draws the same amount of attention. I got a ticket in my 87 RX7 GTU for having blue neons under my car. it looked bad ***!!!!! however, the ticket i got for "impersonating an officer" wasnt great. they said any color was illegal but the fact that blue, red, and white was considered impersonating a cop. even tho mine didnt flash or strobe. just solid blue color. what a crock
                          Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                          Current Bikes:
                          1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                            I've got 96 leds on my bike, would never do neon on the bike though...I'm afraid it would break.
                            I've got 400
                            charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

LEDs in Michigan?

Sorry to do this but... Does anyone know bout LEDs in Michigan? To my knowledge neons on cars are illegal only while moving. And i have been looking into putting LEDs on my bike. and the Red and Blue rules still apply? Any info Helps. again sorry for hijacking the thread

Comment

Working...
                              X