X

spools for a katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spools for a katana

i found some spools for my kat on ebay but i'm not sure on where they get installed at or on .has anyone else installed spools on their kats ?

Originally posted by illwillone View Post
    i found some spools for my kat on ebay but i'm not sure on where they get installed at or on .has anyone else installed spools on their kats ?

If your talking the swingarm, you need to have mounting points welded on, or a clamp bracket made to fit around the arm for them to mount too.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

has anybody here have spools on their kat.yes i mean the swingarm - i guess i'm have to make some brackets

Comment

I do. I made those bracket and had them welded to the swingarm.

I think it's 3/4" hot rolled steel taped with a M8x1.25 center hole for the spools. I'm sure about the M8x1.25 part. But I'm not sure if it was 3/4" or not. The last set I did Krey had welded on when he widened the swingarm, maybe he knows.
        Last edited by arsenic; 05-12-2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Dont personally see the point when bike stands have adapters to to lift the SA from the bottom.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Cause that way's not as good. The whole reason for spools to begin with is that race bikes don't have side stands. They always use paddock stands. Race bike, hence why Katana don't even have that option.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              The whole reason for spools to begin with is that race bikes don't have side stands. They always use paddock stands. Race bike, hence why Katana don't even have that option.
              Exactly lol
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                Cause that way's not as good. The whole reason for spools to begin with is that race bikes don't have side stands. They always use paddock stands. Race bike, hence why Katana don't even have that option.
                +1
                2006 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                  Dont personally see the point when bike stands have adapters to to lift the SA from the bottom.
                  Because a swingarm stand can and will slide on the swing arm, and it will do it at the most inconvenient times.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I have adapters welded on mine similar to arsenic's. (I used basic threaded rod couplers found at any hardware).

Not hard to do if you have access to a welder, takes about 20 minutes to clean the paint off the arm and weld them on. Let it cool off, prime, paint, install spools and you are done.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Yeah you can do that too. Just weld on some M8x1.25 coupling nuts. I actually made the mounts out of hot rolled steel rod. I wasn't down for the mounts actually looking like nuts. Not that anyone will ever notice, but still.

Comment

Working...
                      X