No announcement yet.
X

first wreck... son of a b

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad yall are okay...and glad he had insurance.

And agree with the above, that doesn't look bad at all....Sometimes it will still be totalled though if it fails the % rule, so if they total it, buy it back and fix is my suggestion for sure...
    vwvortex.com : jettajake00
    midmoriders.com :jettajake00
    Go Cardinals!

Comment

Awesome that ur okay

Comment

OUCH! I'm very glad you're OK and that your passenger is too. Those are a kind of nightmare accident for me, since I can so easily see being rammed into oncoming (or other rolling) traffic, even if it's not a high-speed impact.

Sensational that the driver was insured. Clean 'em for all they can be made to pay: Bike repairs (or total), removal, all the gear showing damage--especially helmets (even if they don't show damage), and any/all incidental costs associated with the accident that you can think of. Good luck getting the damage repaired or replaced, and getting back out on the road!
        High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Glad your both alright!

I agree with everyone that said if they total it, just buy it back and repair it. I've seen TONS of parts online that are decently priced.
          If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

crappy way to start the season. but good thing you guys are ok

Comment

You'll ride again...... so it's all good. I'm just glad you and the passenger were wearing gear.
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I know sometimes I feel like an a** myself, but for that very reason, when driving a car, I won't stop and leave a gap like that in traffic for someone to pull out from the side. For one thing, THEY can't either side of on-coming traffic. I have seen a few wrecks exactly like that involving just cars.
                Douglas Derby
                Sturgis ATV and Small Engine Repair

'04 Suzy Kat 600

Comment

Originally posted by Meeoww View Post
                  I know sometimes I feel like an a** myself, but for that very reason, when driving a car, I won't stop and leave a gap like that in traffic for someone to pull out from the side. For one thing, THEY can't either side of on-coming traffic. I have seen a few wrecks exactly like that involving just cars.
                  that is exactly what im gonna do from now on. to know that maybe i can prevent something like what happened to me is worth being an "a**" to some random person for 30 seconds... they'll get over it.
                  1998 Katana GSX750F
                  “If you are not at least a little scared about riding your motorcycle every time you get on it, you should not be riding.”

Comment

Originally posted by Meeoww View Post

This situation is always bad. Even if somebody stops and leaves a gap for me I won't go.

Glad everybody was OK.

Comment

Well, at least the guy was cited and you and your passenger are alright. They often find a way to blame motorcycle riders for accidents...
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Glad your alright man! I don't know what it is with people in Akron, but I was there 2 weeks ago, and I had a similar event happen. Person just pulled out in front of me out of a convenient store and I had to swerve into the shoulder to avoid crashing. I must of missed his car by a few inches.

Good luck with the repairs, and hope to hear you riding soon!

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
                          This situation is always bad. Even if somebody stops and leaves a gap for me I won't go.

Glad everybody was OK.

Very true. If I can't see ALL lanes I'll say thanks for the gesture but just wave them on. Glad you guys came out ok.

Also, replace the helmet. Damage was done that you probably will never see. It did it's job with honor and dignity... now comes retirement.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                            Well, at least the guy was cited and you and your passenger are alright. They often find a way to blame motorcycle riders for accidents...
                            Towards the end of the whole police report process, I asked the cop how I go about filing a claim because I had never done it before and he ended up telling me a story about his bike when it was in the shop after a crash. So I got the feeling he sympathized with me a little bit. It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the citation but I don't think this particular cop would have blamed me. He was cool.

Originally posted by OhioRider View Post
                            Glad your alright man! I don't know what it is with people in Akron, but I was there 2 weeks ago, and I had a similar event happen. Person just pulled out in front of me out of a convenient store and I had to swerve into the shoulder to avoid crashing. I must of missed his car by a few inches.

Good luck with the repairs, and hope to hear you riding soon!
                            Ya when I'm driving through the city, I'm always on alert. Not too long ago someone was playing chicken with me on a one way street... I was like "wtf? am i hallucinating" lol... they soon realized what they were doing and pulled into the police station, of all things, and turned around. *smacks forehead*
                            1998 Katana GSX750F
                            “If you are not at least a little scared about riding your motorcycle every time you get on it, you should not be riding.”

Comment

Working...
                            X