X

lost my KEY 99 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost my KEY 99 Katana

I can not for the life of me remember where i put my key for my 99 Kat? I am not sure if I left it under my seat when removing the battery? Not sure if that is even possible? Does anybody know the best way to get out of this situation. The dealership says they cant cut me a key with the vin? Not sure what to do?

Originally posted by kriegerkatana99 View Post
    I can not for the life of me remember where i put my key for my 99 Kat? I am not sure if I left it under my seat when removing the battery? Not sure if that is even possible? Does anybody know the best way to get out of this situation. The dealership says they cant cut me a key with the vin? Not sure what to do?

The vin is on your title and on the frame at the stearing head on the side.

A locksmith can make a key using your locks if the dealer won't help.

If you can pull on the cable, you can remove the seat by unlatching it that way to check under it for the key.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

once you get the Key ...if you get it from the stealership >Get a blank and get them cut it at the hardwares store ,,,costs less.4 bucks a key instead of 21 .The blanks arent cheap either .....Keep it in mind to get two ,,,just in case ....Speaking from experience ,,,, good luck
      I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

same thing happened to me. I took the ignition out, your gonna need a t-40 security bolt tip to get the two screws off. Took it to the lock smith and they two keys for me the next day. cost me 60 bucks

Comment

I know supposedly there is also a key code sticker on the ignition module on Suzuki's, if true, maybe it's still there.
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

thanks guys! Krey so you say there is a cable i can pull to remove the seat?

Comment

yeah, the cable is between the lock mechanism and the key part in the fairing, you pretty much have to have the tail fairings apart to get to it tho. Not sure you can get to it otherwise

Comment

thanks, i will have to look at it. would be nice if it was in there let me tell you!!

Comment

is anybody out there aware of the key they have for there bike? i think mine should be a suz16 for a 99 katana 750? There are a few that are very similar. One site said it was a suz18 with a square head but i am pretty sure my old one was kind of triangle?
                  Last edited by kriegerkatana99; 04-17-2011, 04:58 PM.

Comment

my key blank is an ilco x241=suz18. good luck. i watched the locksmith make a key for my boat by grinding a taper on the blank[made a knife edge] and stuck it in the lock and turned it to make impression and filed it from there. then he cut one from that on the key machine.
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

thanks suz18 will be my try first for sure. Where u unable to use the key code on the bottom of the ignition to make another key, instead of the locksmith having to make one from scratch?

Comment

Found my KEY

I tried every number on my ignition to produce a new key, after three different keys from the locksmith and no luck. Desperation led to some serious prying of my seat. I was able to hook my storage net and pull it out and baboom there in my batteryless battery tray lay my key on a ring. One slinky magnet and a magnetic key ring I had my key. I went for a quick wet cold ride! fn right!

Comment

now, PLEASE, go get another key made. maybe several.

it never fails to amaze me that people seem to just blithely run around with a SINGLE key for their vehicles.

:facepalm

See My Garage for mods...
                          T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                          Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by kriegerkatana99 View Post
                            locksmith
                            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                            Current Bikes:
                            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                              locksmith
                              Couple posts up he said he found hs key. +1 for making copies though.
                              1992- project katfighter
                              2005- GSXR750
                              2001- TL1000R
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
                              X