X

Relocated to Hawaii my Kat-friends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocated to Hawaii my Kat-friends

Had an unexpected economic downturn, and have relocated to Hawaii to lick my wounds and start life anew. Will be opening a motorcycle shop here in the next year, hopefully before the year is up and over. Live near Hilo, HI now, year round riding, but pretty wet where I live. However, drive a half hour, different weather- killer micro-ecology here!

Will be bringing all my bikes and tools over here sometime in the next six months, have a whole container full of crap, basically, my entire bike shop with ten bikes minus four walls.

Haven't been here in a while, currently bike-less, but hope to remedy that soon. Just now getting my head above water- it can be tough!

are you hiring once you open your shop?
    Last edited by the wind; 04-04-2011, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Well good for you, sounds like you are going to do great with the positive attitude you have.
      Best of luck to you on the new business.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Wish I had a downturn like that
        Goodluck to you brother
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

good luck
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

All the best Bra.............
            sigpic
            98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
            Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

The big island has lots of climates- wet, desert, even arctic (go to the top of the mountain for the glaciar!)
              Don't forget to visit Ken's House of Pancakes in Hilo. If you fall in love with the pancakes, I can get you the recipe (hint: it is the Clabber Girl recipe- yum!).

Comment

Good luck
                It's all good! It's goody good!

Comment

quite the climate change from Alaska

hopefully one day i'll get down there to harass you! (you should rent bikes, btw) =)
                  the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                  # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                  [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

good luck

Comment

I have family in Hilo!.. Good luck!...
                      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

sounds wicked!
                        03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                        04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                        08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                        10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                        05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                          The big island has lots of climates- wet, desert, even arctic (go to the top of the mountain for the glaciar!)
                          Don't forget to visit Ken's House of Pancakes in Hilo. If you fall in love with the pancakes, I can get you the recipe (hint: it is the Clabber Girl recipe- yum!).
                          My ma-in-law bought breakfast there this morning LOL- I built my ma a house here back in 2000 , so that was the best place for me to move to, 'cause I had a place to live- I was stuck in Reno, NV when everything came apart, and I used my last 1200 bucks to move my family to Hilo and into my Ma's house. Took two weeks to get two jobs, and I was off and running. Now I have one good job, with all the hours I can handle to get back on my feet. now, I have to save about 6000 bucks to get my shop moved here, so that is my #1 goal. I have moved out of my Ma's house (she only lives there seasonally) after about 3 months, and have a nice little place in Pahoa, HI, but am moving again closer to Hilo and work next month- the Kaumana region right above Hilo.

So, I am working on my own personal bail out and recovery as we speak, hope to be back in the game in less than a year. Good lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisingram View Post
                            I was stuck in Reno, NV when everything came apart, and I used my last 1200 bucks to move my family to Hilo and into my Ma's house. T
                            No $hit? Let me know if you are having a yard sale, I live in Carson City, was just up in Reno today to pick up my tape deck from repair.
                            Tell you what, you'll miss the rides around here- I got a '11 C14 two weeks ago, rode it from CO to here in two days, then went to Eureka, CA on it for a few days, nice weather in the redwoods, would've taken high way 1 from Monterrey to Pismo, but the 101 got a massive mudslide.

Comment

Only thing I left there were two motorcycles on consignment from the company I WAS contracted to do business with, before my investor f'd us all up. One is a two fitty, and is for sale, the other one is to be crated up and shipped to me once a sale is made. In fact- thanks for reminding me, gotta call the consignor LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X