X

exhaust...and air breathers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust...and air breathers

when i got my back it a 4to1 v&h exhaust on it. i KNOW this is a good exhaust but i was just wondering what would be a better one. I tend to be one of those "never satisfied with anything" guys. lol. and i was also wondering if there were any tuning problems to putting on 4 individual K&N airbreathers on my bike. i know it has a different amount of air resistance but is it enough to worry about?

Do a search for k&n or pods, then read.

The vance and hines is one of the best for an old bike, that and yoshi are your options without swapping to the post 98 oil pan
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

cool thanks. im kinda new to the crotch rocket scene. but i LOOOVE my KAT

well my bike needs to be tuned anyways. and im turning into a fighter and think it would look good with individual breathers. i know from a performance standpoint it doesnt help any. but as long as it runs good when im finished and looks good also i think can live with the extra tuning. any suggestions on a good jet kit would be awesome.
      Last edited by zax722; 12-21-2010, 12:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Exhausts are like women; there is always a better one out there. As for V&H, there are exhausts that weigh a little less, might even give a couple of more hp, but nothing worth changing. Save your money, enjoy your bike.
        Don't bother with open filters as even though they might give you more peak power on a dyno, out on the street, in the real world, you could actually be slower. This is because seperates make it difficult if not impossible to dial in the bike.If you are a perfctionist, nothing is as frustrating as having a bike that stumbles off the line and has poor throttle response.
        Keep the pipe, keep the stock filter, get a factory pro kit and and I guarantee you that you'll be a happy camper.

Comment

ok. cause i need great throttle response cause i plan on doing some SLOW SPEED semi stupid stunting on my bike..basic wheelies and stoppies..dont plan on gettin stupid with it..i just want somethin i can have fun with. and going fast isnt really fun to me. i like the adrenaline of stunting..i plan on building a crash cage or putting crash pegs on my bike as well..i dont have plastics bc its a street fighter but i still dont want to scratch nothing up.

Comment

ummm no offense but you got the wrong bike for 'stuntin'. unless you enjoy replacing fork seals every week you had better start looking for a lighter bike for your stunting needs.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

wheelies have nothing to do with fork seals blowing. thats a myth.
              if that was the case I would be replacing my fork seals every week.
              think about it. do you know how forks work? forks are designed to have full movement and even bottom out.

lack of maintenace does.
              people that do not set up their suspension properly, clean their fork legs before each ride, and change their fork oil will have issues.
              set up the suspensionm change the fluids often, keep it all clean and there is no reason for the fork seals to BLOW...
              I pulled thousands of wheelies and have never had a fork leak. Im one of them riders that cant go a day without lofting the front end. call me childish if you want but its fun

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ux28bXF5Y"]YouTube - good times playin' around[/ame]

that said V&H exhaust may not be everyones cup of tea but on the quality end of things they are one of the best and perfromance puts them in the top 5. Yoshi...not so much. Scorpion, Hindle, and a couple over seas pipes are said to produce the best powergains. others like D&D and yoshi do little for performance and you can basically run them stock on any bike without jetting changes. We had a 4-1 V&H exhaust on our 1100 Kat and had to really fatten things up. the change from the yoshi was very noticable.
              Last edited by hardlydangerous; 12-22-2010, 12:01 PM.
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I don't see a problem. With the largest rear sprocket you can find, anything will stand up.

Comment

Lol, stunting on a katana.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

My best stunt on a Katana was talking the wife into letting me buy an 1100 before I sold the 750!
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
                      I don't see a problem. With the largest rear sprocket you can find, anything will stand up.
                      I can stand my kat up with stock sprockets, I wasnt saying you cant stunt with a kat, just that it is not ideal for stunting, I would choose a lighter bike with a shorter wheel base personally. an bout the spockets, while I was researching sprockets, I found that Vortex makes stunt sprockets for the kat up to 74 teeth, yea if you cant stand up with that somethings wrong lol.
                      1992- project katfighter
                      2005- GSXR750
                      2001- TL1000R
                      www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                        I can stand my kat up with stock sprockets, I wasnt saying you cant stunt with a kat, just that it is not ideal for stunting, I would choose a lighter bike with a shorter wheel base personally. an bout the spockets, while I was researching sprockets, I found that Vortex makes stunt sprockets for the kat up to 74 teeth, yea if you cant stand up with that somethings wrong lol.
                        There was a guy on here a few years ago who put a 75t rear on for stunnin. He quickly took it back off and sold the bike.

Comment

well im not exactly rollin in the cash..so i figured i'd stunt on the bike i traded a car for that i was gonna sell for 300 bucks until i can affford another one

Comment

I would like to do a wheelie on my stock Kat but I fear something is gonna give if I pull on it that hard. Maybe when I have alternate transportation I'll give it a shot.

I would think if you can start doing stunts on a Kat by the time you switch to something with an aluminum frame you'll be golden. One thing cool about my bike is getting on my brothers Duc monster... I can drop that thing all over the place with ease cuz I'm used 200lbs more in steel.
                            95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                            Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                            ---
                            I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

I have seen that difference in weight posing some problems. Some kid stunting on a heavy bike, got pretty good an went an got himself a gsxr, didnt take into account the difference in weight an smashed his face in pretty good on the first endo attempt

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                              There was a guy on here a few years ago who put a 75t rear on for stunnin. He quickly took it back off and sold the bike.
                              lol I believe it
                              Last edited by cintidude04; 12-22-2010, 03:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              1992- project katfighter
                              2005- GSXR750
                              2001- TL1000R
                              www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Working...
                              X