Went down in the rain...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went down in the rain...

...on my new bike.

So I was riding he bike back from Melbourne to Tampa today (sat) in the rain. I had full gear on except for my usual riding pants and went down going about 35. The car in front of me decided to stop on a yellow light and I had no room to stop. The breaks went on, the rear started to slip right while the front wheel veered left. Next thing I know I'm lying next to the car looking at my bike sliding into the intersection.

Just so you all know I'm ok. Ill update soon.
    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
    -Unholy m-
    Current project: Un-Katchable
    sigpic

Glad to hear you're okay, that's the most important thing.
    Bikes can be replaced/fixed.
    Still sucks though.
    sigpic

Ride the twisties!

2000 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Isn't that how it is... Time to make some carbon fiber replacement pieces. As long as you're ok that's what really matters.
      95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
      Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
      ---
      I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Chris that ****in blows bro I'm so sorry to hear this. I am glad you're okay though, let me know if you need anything.
        Originally posted by chrisgreer23
        Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
        2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
        1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
        2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
        1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

Thank goodness you are okay. Bike can be fixed, even though it sucks that it was your new ride.

Comment

Bummer man. Glad your ok, though. What was your new ride?

Comment

dang bro that really sucks..... just glad you are alright. good thing your planning to do a bunch of cf, sounds like you may need it.
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

dude that sucks. hope the damage was only cosmetic.
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Sorry to hear it bro. Was it over here in Melbourne or Tampa area?

Glad to hear that you're ok.
                  "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Should have flipped them the bird as you were sliding up next to em. Really sucks though man

Comment

Originally posted by connharrisfamily View Post
                      Should have flipped them the bird as you were sliding up next to em. Really sucks though man
                      That car was my family. My mom was driving, dad, wife and little one was in the car. My wife rides too and knows what it's like to eat pavement and this was my first accident. She was out of the car before it came to a stop.

Originally posted by sassyduck View Post
                      Thank goodness you are okay. Bike can be fixed, even though it sucks that it was your new ride.
                      Yes, yes it was.
                      Last edited by chrisgreer23; 12-19-2010, 08:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                      -Unholy m-
                      sigpic

Comment

Darn Chris, that sucks to hear. I am glad you are ok though.
                        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                          Chris that ****in blows bro I'm so sorry to hear this. I am glad you're okay though, let me know if you need anything.
                          I may need your mechanical expertness. Only problem is the bike is in Melbourne. I went to the hospital and my uncle came an picked up the bike and tailored the bike back to his garage.

I got a phone call from Pacerman last night, who lives in Melbourne. He was asking if was my bike he saw on a trailer that day. I had called him to go for a ride the previous day but he was working. I wanted to put a few hours on the bike in the local area to make sure it was good for the 2.5 hour trip. He had seen my "VA to FL trip, need support" thread so I suppose he know what my bike looked like. Small KR world huh?

I'm bruised up a little. My neck is a little sour. The biggest complaint I have is my left knee. Sometime during the fall (which I have just about no memory of) My left knee must have been torqued or hyper extended in a way that it usually doesn't go. When I walk on it, it feels as if it's being pulled out of it's socket. Like the feeling you get when you dislocate a joint. I don't know if the cartilage is all messed up or I just pulled the tendons.

All I can say is I LOVE my gear. Steal toe leather boots, my new Alpinestars SP-1s, and my awesome Sparx Shield helmet (which I now have to replace).
                          Last edited by chrisgreer23; 12-19-2010, 08:31 AM.
                          -Unholy m-
                          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
                            '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
                            '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

To bad to hear this chris that blows ...be carefull out there in the rain ....I dont ride in the rain .

Comment

Working...
                              X